Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $125
- Availability: MO only
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $200+ per month
- Additional requirements: eStatements, 5 bill pays, use promo code SC125
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: $15, 7 months
- Expiration date: December 31st, 2016
- Receive a bonus of up to $125 when you open a new checking account with FCB South County Bank online or in branch with promo code SC125, broken down as follows:
- $75 Checking Account Bonus Paid When You Open A New 49er Gold Club, Dime A Debit, First Rate Direct Or Totally Free Checking Account And Start A Qualifying Direct Deposit Of $200 Or More Per Month. Bonus Will Be Paid Within 90 Days Of First Qualifying Direct Deposit
- $25 Additional Bonus When You Enroll In E-Statements
- Plus $25 Additional Bonus When You Enroll In Online Bill Pay And Pay 5 Bills Within 90 Days.
The Fine Print
- Offer valid through December 31, 2016.
- $75 Checking Account Bonus paid when you open a new eligible checking account and start a qualifying direct deposit of $200 or more per month.
- Bonus will be paid within 90 days of first qualifying direct deposit.
- Enroll in e-statements and receive an additional $25 Bonus.
- Enroll in online bill pay and pay 5 bills within 90 days and receive another $25 Bonus.
- Bonuses will be reported as interest.
- If account is closed within 7 months, there is a $15 closing fee.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Totally Free Checking Account
This account has no monthly fees to worry about
Early Account Termination Fee $15
If you close your account within 7 months you will be charged a $15 early account termination fee.
Hard to know how to judge this deal without knowing whether it’s a hard or soft pull to open the account. If anybody has any experience, please share in the comments below.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank