Published on January 10th, 2019 | by William Charles56
New Chase Southwest Offers – 30,000 Points + Companion Pass (Good Through 2019)
- Chase is offering new sign up bonuses on the personal versions of the Southwest card. Bonus is as follows 30,000 points + companion pass good through December 31st, 2019
- Chase 5/24 rule does apply to this card
- Annual fees are not waived the first year
- The Premier personal card earn a 6,000 points anniversary bonus; the Plus earns 3,000 points anniversary bonus; the Priority earns 7,500 anniversary bonus
- Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Priority Credit Card Full Review & F.A.Q’s
- How Much Are Southwest Rapid Rewards Points Worth?
- Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About The Southwest Companion Pass
- Offer valid until 2/11/19
Normally the companion pass requires earning 110,000 points in a calendar year. The upside is that normally after earning those 110,000 points you get the companion pass for the rest of the remaining calendar year and the following calendar year. You can still get a sign up bonus of 60,000 points on these Southwest cards via referrals and it might still be possible to get 50,000 points after $2,000 in spend (yet to be confirmed). Personally I don’t think this new offer is that strong, if you can apply for two Southwest cards under the other offers you’ll either have enough Southwest points for a companion pass or almost enough. This is better in two ways:
- You’d get the pass for most of 2019 and all of 2020
- You’d end up with ~110,000 points to actually use on Southwest flights for you and your companion
I guess if you only have one 5/24 slot and can’t get approved for a business card and desperately want a companion pass then this is a good offer, otherwise I actually think it’s quite weak. This is a masterstroke of marketing though, I can already see the crazy headlines and card salesmen pushing this offer heavily. Keep in mind with this offer you’ll only have 30,000 Southwest points to play with. If you’re not familiar with the companion pass, read this post first. As always if you have questions about Chase, read this post before asking them in the comments.
Hat tip to redblue949