Published on April 12th, 2019 | by William Charles6
[NJ, NY, CT, In Branch only] Affinity Federal Credit Union Up To $400 Business Checking Bonus
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $400
- Availability: NJ, NY, CT [Branch locations]
- Direct deposit required: No
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: Unknown
- Early account termination fee: None listed
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: None listed
- Affinity Federal Credit Union is offering a bonus of up to $400 when you open a new business basics or business performance checking account, complete 15 eligible transactions and complete the following requirements:
- $400 bonus: Open a new money manager account with an average daily minimum balance of $50,000 between that account and the checking account for 90 days
- $300 bonus: Have an average minimum daily balance of $25,000 for 90 days
- $150: Have an average minimum daily balance of $5,000 for 90 days
- You can get another $100 when you sign up for merchant services. We don’t recommend doing merchant services bonus deals, you can read why here.
The Fine Print
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
I wasn’t able to determine if any of the checking accounts have any monthly fee attached.
Early Account Termination Fee
There wasn’t any early account termination fee mentioned in the fee schedule.
Main issue with this bonus is the fact that there is a deposit requirement of $5,000-$50,000. Best to really view this is a savings account bonus. As far as they go $50,000 for 90 days for a bonus of $400 is great, we don’t know what rate the checking accounts earn at and if there are any monthly fees to worry about but assuming this is a soft pull then it’s much better than putting those funds into a high interest account (e.g $50,000 at 2.5% for 90 days would earn $308 in interest whereas with this bonus you get $400). This bank also offers a card that has a $200 sign up bonus and 5% back at bookstores.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times