Update 5/24/20: There is also a version for Teachers & First Responders.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount:
- Availability: NJ, NY. Must also be Active Duty Military & Veterans of the US Armed Forces
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $1,000+
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: None listed
- Financial Resources Federal Credit Union is offering a monthly bonus of $10 when you receive a monthly direct deposit of $1,000 or more when you open a Hero Account. In addition they will donate $50 to a local Veteran Service Organization
The Fine Print
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has no monthly fees to worry about
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to find an early account termination fee in the fee schedule.
Need to know if it’s a hard or soft pull to open. Probably not worth doing anyway as it requires an ongoing direct deposit and it’s only $10 per month, but might be worth considering for some people.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times