Published on February 3rd, 2017 | by William Charles19
[NV only] One Nevada Credit Union $200 Checking Bonus
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: You must live, work, worship or attend school in the counties of Clark, Washoe, Nye, or reside at Nellis Air Force Base, Nevada
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $1,200+
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft (according to CSR)
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: $5, not avoidable
- Early account termination fee: $20, 90 days
- Expiration date: June 30th, 2017
- Household limit: None
- Open a new One Checking Rewards account with One Neveda Credit Union with the promo code CA060 and receive a bonus of $200 when you complete the following requirements:
- Receive debit card
- Have online or mobile banking
- Monthly direct deposit of $1,200 or more
- This account also lets you earn 0.5% cash back on signature-based debit card transactions (PIN-based do not count)
The Fine Print
- Not available to accounts closed within the last six months or current members. One bonus per membership.
- One Checking Rewards Account, which is subject to approval, must be in good standing open 90 days to get $200 cash bonus.
- Account must have a debit card, online or mobile banking, E-statements and a monthly direct deposit of $1,200 or more to qualify for $200 cash bonus.
- Direct deposit must be a payroll from your employer or government benefits (such as a pension or Social Security).
- Upon confirmation of requirements, bonus will be posted to your account within 10 business days after the 90-day period after account opening.
- Offer ends June 30, 2017.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
There is a monthly fee of $5 that cannot be avoided (although this is not charged for the first 90 days), in addition there is an early account termination fee of $20 if the account is closed within 90 days of opening.
Hard to really comment on whether this is a good or bad deal without more information. If anybody signs up for this offer, please share your datapoints in the comments. In the mean time, everybody else can check out the checking promos we do recommend here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank