Published on August 19th, 2017 | by William Charles0
[OH] Seven Seventeen Credit Union $100 Checking Bonus – Direct Deposit Not Required
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: Must live, work, attend school, or worship in Trumbull, Mahoning, Columbiana, Portage, Summit or Central Stark County.
- Direct deposit required: Optional
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: It says have credit or debit card ready for funding account so I assume it’s allowed but unsure on maximum.
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: None mentioned
- Expiration date: Valid until September 30th, 2017
- Open a new Seven Seventeen Credit Union checking account and receive a bonus of $100 when you meet the following requirements:
- Use promotional code BEST100
- Open account with $25+ deposit
- Do one of the following within 90 days of account opening:
- Set up a recurring direct deposit of $200 or more
- Make 30 debit card point of sale transactions
- Sign up for eStatements
The Fine Print
- A new primary checking account opened between 07/24/17 and 09/30/17 with an opening deposit of $25.00 or more.
- A single, recurring direct deposit of at least $200 per month from payroll, pension, or Social Security into your new checking account OR make 30 Debit Card point-of-sale transactions, which must be transmitted and posted by close of business within 90 days of account opening.
- You must sign up for online eStatements. Important:
- The $100.00 cash bonus will be paid into your primary savings account after your new checking account has been opened for a minimum of 90 days and requirements above have been verified.
- Cash bonuses are considered interest so you will receive a Form1099-INT from us for tax purposes.
- This is a one-time offer, is non-transferrable and is not valid with any other promotion.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
They offer a free checking account with no monthly fee to worry about. I wasn’t able to find an up to date fee schedule, this old one made no mention of an early account termination fee but YMMV.
Seems like a bonus worth doing if it turns out to be a soft pull, especially if the credit card funding is decent. As always if anybody goes for this bonus then please share your data points in the comments below.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications