Published on July 19th, 2017 | by William Charles5
[PA, In Branch only] Union Community Bank $250 Checking Bonus
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $250
- Availability: It seems you can open online but need to go into a branch to complete your new account documentation. All locations are in PA.
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $2,500+ required
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown, might be chexsystems sensitive
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: $50, 180 days
- Household limit: One
- Expiration date: None listed
- Open a new Union Community Bank free checking account and get a bonus of $250 when you make a total of $2,500 direct deposits within 90 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- To qualify for the $250 cash bonus, a total of $2,500 in ACH Direct Deposits must be made by an employer or other outside source within the first 90 days of account opening.
- The $250 cash bonus will be credited to the account within 45 days of meeting the qualification.
- Minimum of $50 required to open the account.
- This promotion is only available to those who have not had an open deposit account within 12 months of this promotion.
- All account owners must be qualifying customers.
- Offer limited to one per qualifying household.
- Internal transfers between accounts or deposits made at a branch or ATM do not qualify.
- A $50 early termination fee will be charged if the account is closed within 180 days of opening.
- Subject to IRS 1099 reporting for year in which cash bonus is received.
- Limited time only, offer may be extended, modified or discontinued at any time without prior notice.
There is early account termination fee of $50 if closed within 90 days of account opening. There are no monthly fees to worry about.
Annoying that a branch visit seems necessary to complete your application. $250 is one of the larger bonuses available, I’d say it’s worth doing if you live near a branch. This will be added to our list of the best checking bonuses available. As always please share your own datapoints in the comments below.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications