Deal has now ended, view more bank account bonuses by clicking here.
Update 5/5/21: Available again and link working again. Hat tip to Ekrem
Update 3/15/21: Deal is available again, but it’s not being advertised online so you need to go in branch to get it. Not sure if it’s only specific branches or not. Hat tip to reader GI
Update 2/16/21: Bonus is now down to $400.
Update 2/1/21: Deal is back, but only valid in Germantown, MD, Tysons, VA, Asheville, NC and Greensboro, and NC (DOWNTOWN). Valid until February 27, 2021
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $600
- Availability: Offer available in the following states: Germantown, MD, Tysons, VA, Asheville, NC and Greensboro, and NC (DOWNTOWN)
- Direct deposit required: Yes, total of $2,500+ within 90 days
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Up to $50, all payment networks are accepted.
- Monthly fees: None with eStatements
- Early account termination fee: 180 days, $50
- Household limit: One
- Expiration date:
November 14, 2020 February 27, 2021.May 29, 2021
- First National Bank is offering a bonus of up to $400 when you open a new checking account. Use promo code PEN4000121. Bonus is broken down as follows:
- Earn $400 when you make direct deposits totaling $2,500 or more
Earn $200 when you make 15 customer initiated debit transactions must be made from your new personal checking account within the first 90 days after account opening; debit transactions could include POS, PIN, ATM withdrawals, transfers to other accounts, mobile banking, online bill pay, wire transfers, personal checks, and Zelle.
The Fine Print
- Offer does not apply to multiple checking accounts.
- Existing FNB checking accounts or accounts converting to another personal checking account are NOT eligible for this offer.
- You can receive only one new checking account reward related offer per household per calendar year; bank employees and members of their household are not eligible for this promotion.
- FNB may offer multiple promotions to its customers at one time.
- Even if you met the requirements for multiple promotional offers you are only eligible for and will receive one promotional reward offer.
- Checking accounts closed by customer within 180 days of opening are subject to a $50 account early closing fee.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
The easiest account to keep fee free is Freestyle checking, there is no monthly fee as long as you have eStatements enabled.
Early Account Termination Fee
$50 fee if closed within 180 days of account opening
This is obviously better than the $400 we just posted about. According to those comments it seems like this is ChexSystems sensitive so keep that in mind. Don’t think they’ll match to this bonus unfortunately. Still a great bonus if you get approved and will be adding this to our list of the best bank bonuses.
Hat tip to the other Justin
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times
- Update 10/7/20: Terms now state Offer available in the following geographical locations: MD, DC, and Cuyahoga County in OH. $400 offer is still available in more areas. Hat tip to reader Gadget
Just got the $600 offer in the mail. $400 for making direct deposit of $2500 or more, and $200 for 15 or more debit transactions
Deleted, wrong thread
DP – Bonus-earning and account-closing data points:
– 2/22/2021 – Account (Freestyle Checking) opened online
– 3/11/2021 – $2,521 transferred in from E*Trade
– 3/16/2021 – $2,520 transferred in from Chase
– 3/17/2021 – $2,522 transferred in from PNC
– 3/31/2021 – Completed 10+ “Online Bill Payments” (debits)
– 3/31/2021 – $25 PENGUINS PACKAGE ANNUAL FEE assessed
– 4/22/2021 – $2,510 transferred in from Capital One
– 6/23/2021 – $400 bonus deposited into account
– 2/14/2022 – Requested that account be closed (via secure message)
– 2/15/2022 – Account closed (without any notification)
– 2/16/2022 – Noticed unable to login to online banking
– 3/4/2022 – Called to verify that account closed, as requested, after waiting on hold for 51 minutes
I don’t understand how I got opted-in for the $25 “Penguins Package”.
I received a 1099-MISC from First National Bank in the mail today
Would you happen to have the Payer ID Number? Looks like mine got lost in the mail, because still nothing.
First National Bank
4140 E State St
Hermitage, PA 16148
Payer’s TIN 25-1255405
anyone get a 1099? I haven’t and it won’t let me log in to view account.
I haven’t. If I don’t, I plan to report $400 as taxable under Other Income since it was due to DD. $200 not taxable due to the spend requirement.
dealing with the same issue. Never doing anything with this bank again, just not worth the hassle
I received a 1099-MISC today for $600.
Following up on my previous reply in 05/2021. P1 P2 P3 all did Capital One ACH push and 15 debit, all received bonus within a week or two of 90 days of account opening. All accounts were closed via SM or phone (forgot which one, but definitely wasn’t mail or physical).
Ally transfer showed up as “ALLY BANK P2P Firstname Lastname” and was not described as external transfer or ACH anywhere in the FNB transaction
9/14 – account opened with $50 opening deposit with an Alexandria, VA zip code
9/22 – received a courtesy call from FNB rep from their DC branch (introductions, what drew me to FNB, explanation of the promotional bonus, some of their services, where do I typically bank)
10/5 – pushed $2501from Ally, but showed up as “ALLY BANK P2P”
Still have some time before the 90 days are up, so I’ll see if pushing from a different bank codes as ACH. In the meantime I’ll work on the 15 debit transactions, but still haven’t received my debit card, even though the rep from 9/22 said it was on it’s way…so Zelle it is.
Also, wow, the daily limit for transferring money from FNB via Zelle is $200 per day and $400 per 30-days.
I’ll update at the end of 90 days whether I manage to trigger the requirements for the bonus or not.
5/19/21 Opened account online. Had to go to bank branch to get account and routing numbers.
7/1/21 Pushed $2500 from CapOne360
Bunch of debits. I actually used this as a debit card for awhile.
9/30/21 $600 bonus received
Opened 5/14. Received bonus 09/30 $600
No DD info (real DDs)
I was afraid I wasn’t going to get it with everyone saying they received it close to the 90 days mark.
5/5 – Account opened
5/17 – 15 Amazon .50 reloads
5/18 – $2500 cap1 checking push
5/25 – $2500 Cap1 checking push
9/9 – $600 bonus posted
Took a little longer than expected based on the other’s bonus posting timelines but I’m not complaining. Once again, Thanks DoC.
Thanks for the DP, opened account on 5/10 and still waiting for the bonus…based on this, I might give it another week or so before going to the branch and making noise.
The deal is back and valid till 9/25/21: https://www.fnb-online.com/get600