Published on December 1st, 2014 | by William Charles9
Personal Capital Offering Free $20 Amazon Gift Codes When You Link A Financial Account, Back For Cyber Monday
Update 2: Personal Capital looks to have added more $20 gift codes for Cyber Monday. It’s being re-promoted on their front page and the offer page refers to $20 again, instead of only $10 previously been mentioned. We’ve promoted this post to the front page of DoC again for those who missed out on Black Friday.
Update: Looks like all of the $20 codes are gone, they are only offering $10 now.
- Personal Capital is offering Amazon gift codes to people who sign up for a free account and link at least one financial account. The value of the gift code is dependent on when you complete the promotion:
- First 1,000 users will receive a $20 code
- Next 3,000 users will receive a $10 code
The Fine Print
- Valid from 12:00 am PT on Friday, November 28, 2014 and expires at 11:59 pm PT on Monday, December 1, 2014 (obviously this will run out much sooner)
- Paypal and Coinbase accounts are not valid financial accounts for this promotion
- Limit of one giftcard per person (meaning you can get multiple per household)
- Giftcards will be electronically sent to the e-mail address you used during sign up
- Allow 72 hours for the gift card to post
- Valid for new customers only
This deal won’t last long, so if you want to get in on it I’d suggest doing it sooner rather than later. I’m hoping that Personal Capital has the decency to update the offer page when the promotion has finished, but I’m not holding out hope (although Credit Sesame did the right thing recently and removed their cap altogether). I’m going to participate in this promotion, $20 is a high enough reward that it’s worth my time. I’m also interested in testing the app to see how useful it actually is.
Personal Capital is similar to Mint.com but focuses on investment accounts more than Mint. If you know of any similar deals for Black Friday, let me know by using the contact us page or by sending me a tweet.