Published on March 9th, 2019 | by William Charles30
[Salt Lake County, Utah] University Federal Credit Union $300 Checking Bonus
Update 3/9/19: Reposting as it’s confirmed as a soft pull
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $300 + $100 for auto loan
- Availability: Must work, live, go to school, worship or volunteer in Salt Lake County, Utah
- Direct deposit required: Yes, no minimum specified
- Additional requirements: 15 debit card transactions per month for 3 months
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: None listed
- University Federal Credit Union is offering a bonus of up to $300 when you become a member and open a checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Receive $50 per month for 3 months when you set up a qualifying direct deposit
- Receive $50 per month for 3 months when you complete 15 debit or credit card transactions per month
- You can also get an additional $100 for closing on an auto loan
The Fine Print
- This must be a new account for the Primary SSN.
- They cannot have any other new accounts in the last 12 months.
- New members are to receive $150 for setting up their employer Direct Deposit; $50 per month for 3 months. 30 days after open date, they will receive the first $50.
- This will follow for month 2 & 3.
- $150 for 15 debit or credit card transactions per month. $50 per month for 3 months. 30 days after open date, they will receive the first $50. This will follow for month 2 & 3.
- $100 for an auto loan refinance. $100 for Auto refinance will be deposited at funding. Minimum $10,000 loan amount.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
eChecking account has no monthly fees to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to find a fee schedule so I’m unsure if there is any early account termination fee.
Seems like it’s a relatively good bonus if it turns out to be a soft pull, shame about the small area. If anybody has any personal experience then please share it in the comments.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times