Published on October 26th, 2017 | by Chuck48
Save up to $19 Off a Tank of Shell Gas Nationwide by Stacking these Deals
There are currently a few deals going on which together can can get you a $.80 off per gallon at Shell, up to a maximum of 20 gallons.
- $.05 for signing up with Fuel Rewards Network
- $.25 back from a free Groupon (we wrote about this previously)
- $.25 for linking your FRN account and your Stopandshop account
- $.25 for linking your FRN account and your Giant Food account
- $.15 for linking a Mastercard to FRN
Here’s how to go about doing this deal:
- Buy the Groupon for free here or you can buy the same thing at Livingsocial
- Wait until it shows up in My Groupons, then click Redeem Online and create a new Fuel Rewards Network account
- You’ll now have $.30 in your FRN account: $.25 from the Groupon and $.05 just for signing up
- Open a new Stopandshop online account here
- After completing your login, the system will pop up with an option to link you FRN to your new Stopandshop account. Do that.
- About 3 minutes later, you’ll see your fuel balance (here) go up to $.55 due to the new $.25 you just got from the Stopandshop deal
- Now open a new Giant Foods online account here; you’ll need to use a different email address and phone number than used with Stopandshop since Giant and Stopandshop are partners (same address is fine; you can skip the phone number)
- Within 3 minutes you should now see your FRN balance up to $.80 (here)
- You can also get an additional $.15 by linking your Mastercard to FRN, you can do that here
- Now you’ll have $.80 in your FRN account, or $.95 if you linked the Mastercard
- Check for a Shell station nearby; I believe all Shell’s are part of FR network, but I might be wrong
- Go to Shell by 11/30/17 and fuel up to 20 gallons and get $.80/95 off per gallon; make sure you have available your ALT ID number which is the phone number you input on your FRN account (not the number you put on your Giant/S&S accounts, those are irrelevant for our purposes here); you can find your ALT ID here
Filling a tank that holds 20 gallons will save you $16 or $19 off the tank of gas. If Shell is more expensive than your regular gas station or if you have a small tank, it’ll be less savings.
A bit of work to get it done, with a nice savings. You should even be able to do one for each member of the family and save on multiple tanks of gas.
You can also earn FRN gas points by shopping at many grocery stores.
Hat tip to Dansdeals