Published on April 2nd, 2018 | by William Charles36
SDFCU Premium Cash+ Card: 2% On All Purchases & $200 Sign Up Bonus & No Foreign Transaction Fees
State Department Federal Credit Union has released a new card called Premium Cash Back+. Let’s take a look in this quick review.
- Card earns 2% cash back on all purchases
- Sign up bonus of $200 after $3,000 in spend within the first 90 days
- No annual fee
- No foreign transaction fees
- No balance transfer fees
- Cell phone protection (Up to $250 per incident, twice per year. Also comes with a $50 deductible)
- Credit lines from $5,000 to $100,000
Become A Member
You must be a member of SDFCU before you can apply though, if you’re not already a member you have a few different options:
- Free membership to employees of The Department of State (full list can be found here)
- You can also get membership to SDFCU by first becoming a member of the American Consumer Council (ACC). Usually this costs $8 per year or $15 for a lifetime membership, but you can get this waived and become a member for free. Read our guide on how to get your ACC membership for free.
Most readers will already have a credit card that earns 2%+ cash back on all purchases. If you don’t then this one is definitely worth considering due to the $200 sign up bonus (Double Cash & Fidelity only come with a $100 bonus). The card also might be interesting for people that need more spending capacity on 2% cash back cards, especially considering the credit limits potentially being offered. Some people might also just want to grab it for the $200 cash sign up bonus, one of the better cash sign up bonuses on offer. Another advantage is the fact they don’t charge any foreign transaction fees.
Hat tip to readers Ori G & Jeremy B