Published on October 27th, 2018 | by William Charles5
[Expired] [Select Counties In MD & In Branch only] APGFCU $300 Checking Bonus
Deal has expired, view the best current checking bonuses by clicking here.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $300
- Availability: Select areas in Maryland, see membership requirements. In branch only as well [branch locations]
- Direct deposit required: Yes, recurring direct deposit of $200+
- Additional requirements: Online statements
- Hard/soft pull: Hard pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: 60 days, $15
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: December 31st, 2018
- APGFCU is offering a bonus of $300 when you open a new checking and complete the following requirements within 90 days of account opening:
- receive into the checking account and maintain a qualifying monthly Direct Deposit totaling at least $200
- set up and maintain online statements
The Fine Print
- New checking accounts opened on or after October 15, 2018 and on or before December 31, 2018 may qualify for a $300 cash bonus if account meets the following qualifications within 90 days of opening: (1) receive into the checking account and maintain a qualifying monthly Direct Deposit totaling at least $200; and (2) set up and maintain online statements.
- Offer is valid for new checking accounts only.
- Account owner may not have closed a checking account with APGFCU at any time on or after October 15, 2018 through the end of this promotion.
- Offer cannot be combined with any other offers and does not apply to second or multiple checking accounts.
- Custodial and other fiduciary accounts are not eligible for this offer.
- Checking account must remain open and all accounts associated with the membership must be in good standing (see “All About Your Accounts” agreement) to receive the bonus. If you meet all the terms of this promotion, the bonus will be credited to your checking account on the first business day following the end of the 90-day period.
- Limit one bonus per member.
- Fees may apply for early closure of checking account.
- Offer may be extended, modified, or discontinued at any time without prior notice at the credit union’s discretion.
- We may report to the IRS the value of any cash bonus, and any applicable taxes are the responsibility of the recipient. Offer expires December 31, 2018.
- A qualifying Direct Deposit is an electronic credit of your salary, pension, Social Security, or other regular monthly income deposited to your checking account by your employer or an outside agency. Transactions that do not qualify as a Direct Deposit include, but are not limited to, transfers from one account to another, deposits from an internet payment service, and deposits made at an ATM.
To become a member you must:
- You live, work, worship, attend school, or volunteer in Harford or Cecil County or certain areas in Middle River, Maryland.
- You are an immediate family member of someone who does.
This account has no monthly fees to worry about
Early Account Termination Fee
According to the fee schedule if the account is closed within 60 days of opening a $15 fee will apply.
Nice big bonus, requirements don’t seem too hard to meet but keep in mind it requires a recurring direct deposit. Shame that membership is so restricted. We still need to know if it’s a hard or soft pull, you should be able to ask and find out before applying. For now we won’t be adding it to the best bank bonuses until we know more. Previously they have offered a bonus of only $100.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times