Published on June 22nd, 2014 | by William Charles4
Sunday Roundup: June 22nd, 40k Venture Offer & $1,000 Gift Cards
There were a couple of new credit card offers this week, the main one was that Capital One has increased the sign up bonus on their Venture card to 40k miles. This isn’t particularly exciting considering they do a credit pull on all three of your credit reports and there was a 50k offer earlier this year. There are also a number of credit unions that are offering $250 cash bonuses on their business cards.
We also did some more round up posts and let you know the best credit cards to use on: charity, drugstore, department store & telecommunication purchases. As well as a handy tip on how to get 4% cash back on all your purchases, irrespective of their category.
We also let you know about some $1,000 gift cards and $1,500 reloadable cards from MetaBank which some people might find useful for meeting minimum spend requirements. The downside is that you won’t be able to get any category bonus on these purchases.
Posts From Around The Web
- The NYT let us know that Suze Orman’s “Approved” prepaid card is being discontinued. The worst part of this story is the lack of communication by Orman and her team about the discontinuation of these cards. Openness & communication were the key selling points of the prepaid card originally.
- Mississippi is suing credit reporting agency Experian due to sweeping errors in the company’s data and violations of several consumer protection laws according to sltrib. Yet another reason why any legislation that makes it easier for consumers to fix errors is a step in the right direction.
- Frequent miler had an excellent post on getting free shipping for American Express gift cards
- Frugalhack had an interesting post on what blog he’d follow if he could only follow one. We weren’t first, but at least we got a mention. I also agreed with his #1 pick.
- Miles Momma let us know about a free 250 mile opportunity for Delta users [Targeted]
- Saverocity launched a bunch of new sites it’ll be interesting to see if they can retain the say high quality with the abundance or new additions. Unlike boarding area who have been adding to their line up for the sake of it. Say hello to the following:
- Miles to memories had some good information on amtrak.
Posts From Our Own Site
- Chase Freedom Q3 2014 Open For Activation + Spending Tips
- Tactics For Getting More Than One Easy Rebate From Staples
- AmEx Cardholder Opportunity: Free Money or Free Coffee
- NBA + BBVA $200 Checking Promotion
- Best Credit Card For Charity Donations
- Possible Changes To ChexSystems
- MetaBank Gift Cards Available Online ($1,000 Denominations) $4.95 Fee
- A Complete Guide To Visa Benefits: Signature & Basic
- How To Get 4%+ Cash Back On All Your Credit Card Purchases
- Best Credit Card For Drugstore Purchases
- Make $6 Per AmEx Card: Bonefish Grill
- 10% High Yield Savings Account Bonus (Valid On Sallie Mae Card Purchases)
- Best Credit Card For Department Store Purchases
- Capital One Venture Card Now With 40,000 Mile Bonus ($400 Statement Credit/Giftcards)
- 2,000 Free EuroBonus/SAS Points ($10 Amazon/iTunes Voucher)
- [CA only] California Bank & Trust $250 Business Credit Card Sign Up Offer
- New Discover Card: Discover it Chrome
- Safeway/VONs $10 Coupon After $100 In Visa Gift Card Purchases
- Best Credit Cards For Telecommunication Expenses
- How To Get The Chase Hyatt Two Free Nights + $50 Statement Credit Offer