This bonus has expired and is no longer valid. Click here to view the best business checking bonuses.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $300
- Availability: AL, DC, FL, GA, IN, KY, MD, NC, NJ, OH, PA, SC, TN, TX, VA, WV & Targeted
- Direct deposit required: None
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull It seems like they are very persistant about overdraft protection so make sure you don’t opt in for that
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Up to $250
- Monthly fees: $12, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: 180 days, $25
- Household limit: One per business
- Expiration date: February 28th, 2018
No direct link to offer (you can use bbt.com/cashoffer and promo code APYFI but it doesn’t mention the bonus there)
- Open a new BB&T business checking account and receive a bonus of $300. Requirements are:
- Business value 200 checking or business value 500 checking account must be opened
- Must have a balance greater than or equal to $250 within 90 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- Limited to one incentive per business
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
The business value 200 checking account has a $12 monthly maintenance fee this is waived if you do one of the following:
- $1,500 average monthly balance
- $6,000 combined average monthly balances in checking accounts (business/public fund/personal), money market savings accounts (business/public fund/personal) and/or outstanding balances on business/personal BB&T credit cards1
- A qualifying transaction from a BB&T Merchant Services account4
- Use your BB&T business debit or credit card to make at least $1,000 in eligible purchases each month
Early Account Termination Fee $25
All accounts come with a $25 early account closure fee if you close them within 180 days of account opening.
Will be interesting to see if this works if you open online and you didn’t receive the targeted mailer. I assume it will but you never know with these types of things. Obviously the bonus itself is insane, $300 and basically no requirements. Just open, deposit $1,500 and wait for bonus to post. I won’t be adding this to the best business checking bonuses due to the targeted nature, but it might be worth the risk. I’d just think that you won’t get the bonus if you’re not targeted and then it be a happy surprise if you do.
Big thanks to reader, Paul P who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times