- Spend $100 or more at Staples.com with an American Express credit card that is enrolled in this offer and you’ll receive a $25 statement credit
The Fine Print
- Seems to be a targeted offer, no twitter #hashtag at the moment
- Offer expires February 7th, 2015
- Fine print excludes gift card purchases, but this is not enforced
Staples sells Visa giftcards, $100 cards have a $6.95 fee which means you’d be making profit of $18.05. It’s not possible to earn cash back or loyalty points on gift card purchases through a shopping portal, but if you’re purchasing regular products then you can get up to an additional 6% cash back.
Update: Looks like it’s online only. So the below would not work
and $200 cards have a $6.95 fee. It’s possible to split tender and use multiple credit cards in store. If you have this offer on one card you’d make $19.05 and if you have it on two cards you’d make $43.05. Obviously that is in addition to any credit card points that you would earn. It might also be worth waiting to see if Staples runs another $20 gift card promotion when you purchase $300 or more in gift cards, which they regularly run. Once the AmEx offer is saved to your account you have until the offer expires to redeem it, so there is no real harm in waiting.
- How To Sign Up For Multiple American Express Sync Offers
- OffersBot Review – Free Tool To Automatically Enroll In American Express Sync Offers
- How Does American Express Decide Who Receives What AmEx Sync Offer?
- AmEx Offers: An Introduction & Profitable Examples
Hat tip to Frequent Miler