No direct link to offer, e-mail subject line is ‘Set up autopay & score up to $30 with your Rakuten Visa® Card!’
- Some Rakuten cash back Visa cardholders are being offered a $10 bonus for each new autopay registration (up to three bonuses or $30 total)
The Fine Print
- In order to qualify for this offer, you must make qualifying utility bill payments (minus any returns or adjustments during the promotional period) with your Rakuten Cash Back Visa Credit Card that post to your Card account by 08/31/2020.
- Plus, earn $10 Cash Back for each new Automatic Bill Payment you set up during the promotional period.
- Maximum of $30 Cash Back if three new enrollments in Automatic Bill Payments are made at three separate service providers that accept Visa credit cards for payments between 07/01/2020 and 08/31/2020.
- A new enrollment is defined as an Automatic Bill Payment at a service provider using the Rakuten Cash Back Visa Credit Card when a similar transaction with the same service provider has not been made within the 60 days prior to 07/01/2020.
- To qualify, new Automatic Bill Payment Enrollment must: (i) be completed using the valid 16-digit Rakuten Cash Back Visa Credit Card by 07/31/2020, (ii) be identified by the service provider as a recurring payment, and (iii) post to the Rakuten Cash Back Visa Credit Card account by 08/31/2020.
- Account must be open and in good standing at the time the bonus is applied. Not all service providers participate in the Automatic Bill Payment program.
- Please allow up to 90 days after the promotional period ends for the Cash Back to post to your Rakuten Cash Back account.
- Synchrony does not evaluate whether merchants correctly identify and bill transactions, however, they do reserve the right to determine which transactions qualify for this offer. See the Credit Card Addendum to the Rakuten Cash Back Shopping Program Terms for other details and exclusions.
Most people have three bills they can switch for an easy $30. Just remember to change those payments back to a card that earns at a higher rate on those purchases after you’re done.