Published on May 7th, 2019 | by William Charles21
[Targeted] U.S. Bank $250 Checking Bonus
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $250
- Availability: Targeted offer sent out via snail mail
- Direct deposit required: Yes, two deposits totaling $1,000 or more
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Mixed data points
- Credit card funding: Can fund up to $50 with a credit card
- Monthly fees: $6.95-$24.95, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: None listed
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date: April 30th, 2019
No direct link, sent out via snail mail
- U.S. Bank is offering a bonus of $250 when you open a new checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Open a Platinum checking or easy checking account by April 30th, 2019
- Complete two recurring direct deposits that total $1,000 or more within 60 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- The checking account bonus will be deposited into your new checking account within 60 days of direct deposit verification, as long as your account is open and has a positive balance.
- Bonus will be reported as interest earned on IRS form 1099-INT and recipient is responsible for any applicable taxes.
- Offer may not be combined with any other checking account bonus offers.
- Offer is not valid if you or any signer on the account has an existing U.S. Bank consumer checking account, had a U.S. Bank consumer checking account in the last six months, or received other U.S. Bank bonus offers within the past 12 months (limit 1 bonus per customer).
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Easy Checking $6.95
This account has a $6.95 monthly fee, this is waived if you do any of the following:
- Combined monthly direct deposits totaling $1,000+
- Average account balance of $1,500
- Account holders age 65 or greater
Platinum Checking $24.95
The Platinum checking account package has a $24.95 monthly fee. This is waived with :
- $25,000 in combined personal deposits, credit balances with U.S. Bank and/or investments through U.S. Bancorp Investments OR
- A personal trust relationship with U.S. Bank Wealth Management
- U.S. military, both former and active, can get the platinum checking without the monthly fee
Early Account Termination Fee
There is no early account termination fee to worry about
There is currently a public bonus for $300. Requirements are fairly similar, but this $250 bonus has a lower direct deposit requirement and in addition you can open the easy checking account rather than having to deal with the Platinum account. Because of that some people will prefer this smaller but easier bonus. Unfortunately it’s targeted so we won’t be adding this to our list of the best checking account bonuses.
Hat tip to Miles to Memories
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times