Published on September 12th, 2018 | by William Charles38
[Targeted/YMMV] Chase Sapphire Preferred 65K Points, Annual Fee Waived, 24 Month Language, Bypasses 5/24
No direct link, shows up under ‘selected for you offers‘
- Chase is offering an increased bonus on the Sapphire Preferred Card:
- Get 60,000 points after spending $4,000 within 3 months.
- Get an additional 5,000 points after adding an authorized user and making your first purchase
- Annual fee is waived the first year.
- $95 annual fee, WAIVED the first year
- No foreign transaction fees
- Primary car rental insurance
- This card earns at the following rates:
- 2x points per $1 spent on travel and dining at restaurants
- 1x points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Transferrable points
- Redeem points on Chase’s travel portal at a value of 1.25¢ due to the 25% travel redemption bonus
- Not eligible if you’ve received a sign up bonus on the Sapphire Preferred/Reserve in the last 24 months (standard is now 48 months)
Sorry about the title, it’s a bit of a mouthful. Chase only yesterday pulled the authorized user bonus on the public version of this bonus, that bonus is also only 50,000 points. That being said we did see a bonus of up to 80,000 points earlier in the year. That being said these selected for you offers do by pass 5/24. My general rule is that if you see one of these, or an in branch pre-approval that you should just apply for it if you’re eligible and have given up staying under 5/24 as it’s unlikely you’ll get a better offer anytime soon and it can always be removed from you. As always if you have any questions about Chase cards, please read this post first.
Hat tip to pfbusybody