- TD Bank is offering customers a bonus of up to $1,500 and a $150 transfer fee rebate when they open a new TD Ameritrade account. Bonuses are tiered as follows:
- $1,500 bonus when you open a new account with $500,000 or more
- $1,000 bonus when you open a new account with $250,000-$499,999
- $500 bonus when you open a new account with $100,000-$249,999
- $200 bonus when you open a new account with $50,000-$99,999
- $50 bonus when you open a new account with $10,000-$49,999
- $150 transfer fee rebate with a minimum transfer of $10,000
- 60 days of commission free trades with a $3,000 deposit
The Fine Print
- Offer valid for one new Individual, Joint, IRA account or a new account managed by TD Ameritrade Investment Management, LLC.
- New accounts funded with $3,000 or more are eligible for free trades.
- Accounts managed by TD Ameritrade Investment Management are not eligible to receive the free trades.
- Once the new account managed by TD Ameritrade Investment Management, is opened, please call 888-310-7921 to have your account registered for the offer.
- TD Ameritrade accounts must be registered for the offer by 6/30/2019 and funded within 180 days.
- Valid IRA types include Traditional, Roth, Rollover, SEP, or SIMPLE IRA.
- Please allow 3-4 weeks from account funding for the cash bonus and/or transfer fee rebate to post to your account.
- Offer is not valid on tax-exempt trusts, 401k accounts, Keogh plans, Profit Sharing Plan, or Money Purchase Plan.
- Offer is not transferable and not valid with internal transfers, TD Ameritrade Institutional accounts, or with other offers.
- Qualified commission-free Internet equity, ETF or options orders will be limited to a maximum of 500 and must execute within 60 calendar days of new account funding.
- Contract, exercise, and assignment fees still apply.
- Limit one offer per client.
- Account value of the qualifying account must remain equal to, or greater than, the value after the net deposit was made (minus any losses due to trading or market volatility or margin debit balances) for 12 months, or TD Ameritrade may charge the account for the cost of the offer at its sole discretion.
- TD Ameritrade reserves the right to restrict or revoke this offer at any time.
- This is not an offer or solicitation in any jurisdiction where we are not authorized to do business.
- Taxes related to TD Ameritrade offers are your responsibility. Promotional items and cash received during the calendar year will be included on your consolidated Form 1099.
- Please consult a legal or tax advisor for the most recent changes to the U.S. tax code and for rollover eligibility rules. New Account offer code: 716.
You need to be a TD Bank customer to do this deal, if you’re not then you can get a bonus of up to $300 for signing up for a checking account. Keep in mind you need to maintain the balance (minus any losses) for 12 months. This is better than a lot of other brokerage bonuses like this, personally I don’t find these offers worth doing as I don’t like moving my investments around.
Hat tip to reader Abey & USam