Published on July 1st, 2015 | by Chuck42
The Diminishing High-Interest Savings Accounts
We’ve written about a number of high-interest savings accounts, see An Introduction To Rewards Checking Accounts. Two of the easier options were the Mango Prepaid card and the Union Plus Prepaid card.
FreequentFlyer broke the news a few weeks back the Mango card is no longer available for signup, although the account is still working for existing customers. This left us with the Union Plus option, which FreequentFlyer wisely advised us to jump on while we can.
The foreshadowing turned out to be accurate as the Union Plus is now no longer available for signup either.
There aren’t many easy options left. A few of the options we’ve covered include:
- Consumers Credit Union 5.07% APY On Up To $20,000 Rewards Checking
- Great Lakes Credit Union (GLCU) – 3% Rewards Checking Account Review
- Lake Michigan Credit Union: 3% Reward Checking Account On Up To $15,000
- Control Card 5% APY On Up To $5,000 + $20 Sign Up Bonus
- Paypal Prepaid 5% APY On Up To $5,000
We hope to have up soon some additional options for high-interest accounts.