Published on November 25th, 2019 | by William Charles5
[Expired] [TX only] DuGood Federal Credit Union $150 Checking Bonus + $150 Donation To Charity
Deal has now ended. View more checking promos by clicking here
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $150 + $150 donation to charity
- Availability: TX only. Must lives, works, or worships in Chambers, Hardin, Jasper, Jefferson, Liberty, Newton, Orange, or Tyler County
- Direct deposit required: Yes, no minimum specified
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: $5, not avoidable
- Early account termination fee: $5, 90 days
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: December 31st, 2019
- DuGood Federal Credit Union is offering a bonus of $150 when you open a new checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Open a new Advantage Checking account with payroll direct deposit
- DuGood will also donate $150 to a charity once the above requirements are completed
The Fine Print
- Offer valid until 12/31/19 for first time new members who open an Advantage Checking account with payroll direct deposit.
- Business accounts excluded. Other restrictions apply.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Advantage checking account has a $5 fee that cannot be waived
Early Account Termination Fee
According to the fee schedule there is a $5 fee if your account is closed within 90 days
Seems like an OK deal, it’s annoying that the $5 fee cannot be waived
and they don’t tell you what charity the money will be donated to either list of charities here. We need to know if it’s a hard/soft pull and if you can fund with a credit card to determine if it’s a good deal or not. If anybody goes for it, please share your experiences in the comments below.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times