Published on June 1st, 2019 | by William Charles57
[TX only] TDECU $200 Checking Bonus
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: Certain counties in TX, more information here.
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $250+
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Old data points say hard pull, new datapoints say soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Can fund up to $2,500 with a credit card per account
- Monthly fees: $5, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: No early account termination fee
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date:
- TDECU is offering a bonus of $200 when you open a new TDECU forward checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Receive a recurring direct deposit 9/15/19
The Fine Print
- Recurring direct deposit must be set up by 9/15/19 to qualify for $200 reward.
- Rewards will be deposited into your main share/savings account within 60 days after meeting offer requirements and are considered interest and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT. Insured by NCUA.
- Offer not valid on existing Forward Checking or Credit Card accounts
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Forward checking has a monthly fee $5, this is waived if you meet the following requirements:
- Enroll in mobile deposit
- have a recurring direct deposit or make at least six debit card transactions per month
Early Account Termination Fee
There is no early account termination fee
The credit cards they offer are basically useless, so this is really just a $200 checking bonus. Previous best was $150, but that was on an account with no monthly fee.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times