Published on May 7th, 2015 | by William Charles4
U.S Bank Korean Air SKYPASS Personal & Business Cards Now 30,000 Miles
- The U.S Bank Korean Air SKYPASS personal and business cards have had their bonuses increase to 30,000 miles after $2,000 in spend. The standard bonus on these cards is 15,000 miles after first purchase.
- Annual fee of $80 on personal card not waived first year
- Annual fee of $75 on business card not waived first year
The Fine Print
The personal cards and business cards are virtually the same, personal comes with $1,000,000 in travel accident insurance and business comes with $500,000.
- 2 Korean Air VIP Lounge coupons each year
- Card earns at following rates:
- 2x miles per $1 spent on all Korean Air ticket purchases
- 1x mile per $1 spent on all purchases
- Receive 2,000 miles on card renewal
- Valid until June 30th, 2015
- No foreign transaction fee (based on credit worthiness)
I believe that the highest sign up bonus on this card was 40,000. Some people have reported recently being targeted for that 40,000 offer, so make sure to check to see if you have it before considering applying for this offer. The main problem with this offer is that the card is issued by US bank who are notorious for being difficult to get approvals for.
One way to increase your odds is by freezing two reports (from companies you probably haven’t heard of before). Given all the recent negative news from Club Carlson (the devaluation and removal of last night free benefit) a lot of people will be looking for a replacement card. This could be an option, but I think I prefer the U.S Bank Cash+ card personally.
30,000 Korean miles also won’t be able to be redeemed for too much, but keep in mind Chase UR & Diners Club both transfer to Korean. This card only makes sense for the sign up bonus, as the earning rates suck. They also offered this same 30,000 mile sign up bonus last year in April.
Hat tip to MMS