Published on March 31st, 2015 | by Chuck12
[Expired]US Bank Cash+ Now Offering $100 Signup Bonus
[Update: This offer has now expired and is no longer available, follow us on Twitter so you know when new deals become available]
[This post does not contain any affiliate links.]
- Get approved for a new US Bank Cash+ or Cash Rewards credit card and receive $100 bonus after you spend $500 within 90 days.
Note that this offer is not found directly on the US Bank site; the link is taken from Slickdeals and appears to be some sort of referral link.
This card is unique in the 5% cash back category as it allows you to choose two different cash back categories out of a possible eleven. They are as follows:
- Cell Phone
- Department stores
- Electronic Stores
- Fast food
- Furniture Stores
- Car Rental
- Movie Theaters
- Gym/Fitness Centers
- Sporting Good Stores
You can earn 5% on up to $2000 in purchases per quarter in two of the above categories which you get to choose. These categories change, see up-to-date info here. It used to be possible to earn 5% at restaurants but they gutted that option. The card also earns 2% in one of the following categories:
But this isn’t too exciting since you can get a card which earns 2% on all purchases without restrictions. The 5% and 2% categories are only for those approved for the Visa Signature Cash+ card. Others may only be approved for the Cash Rewards version which earns a flat 1% on everything.
The Fine Print
- The $100 bonus is valid whether you get approved for the Visa Signature Cash+ or you get approved for the Cash Rewards card which doesn’t have the 5% categories and other benefits.
- Allow 6-8 weeks for bonus cashback to post to your account.
This card is part of the roster of 5% cards and it doesn’t usually come with a signup bonus at all. Typically, it makes more sense to get the Cash+ by downgrading a different US Bank card when the annual fee comes due, but with this added little $100 bonus it could make sense for someone who’s on the fence for the card. It’s especially useful for someone who charges a lot of charity on a credit card since it’s the best value at 5% back. Kiva loans works as well. The card used to have an additional bonus that when you redeem $100 of cashback you get a $25, once per calendar year, but that is just about to come to an end tomorrow. You can still get a one-time $25 bonus (on the Cash+ card, not on the Cash Rewards card), but it’s no longer once per year. (If you already have a US Bank Cash+, be sure to see this post to maximize your bonus…only a few hours left.) Remember, that when applying for US Bank credit cards, it’s useful to freeze your IDA and ARS credit reports. We don’t know how long this offer will be around and whether you’ll have time to freeze those reports for this offer in particular. RELATED:
- 5%+ Cash Back Credit Cards
- Best Cash Credit Card Sign Up Bonuses For 2015
- Best Downgrade Options & Rules For Each Card Issuer
- View your prequalified offers with US Bank
- If you signed up for this card recently, you may be able to get a match on the signup bonus.
- U.S Bank Credit Card Reconsideration number
- How many US Bank credit cards can you have?