This checking bonus has expired and is no longer available. Click here for a list of the best checking bonuses.
Reposting because the bonus is now live, we know it’s a soft pull and it’s also available those in WA as well.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: OR & WA only
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $500+
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Yes, sensitive
- Credit card funding: Up to $750
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit: One
- Expiration date: December 31st, 2017
- Open a new Unitus Checking Account and receive a bonus of $200 when you meet the following requirements:
- Use promo code #get200
- Sign up for eStatements
- Receive a direct deposit of at least $500
- Complete one debit card transaction
The Fine Print
- Please enter promo code #get200 if submitting online application to qualify.
- We will deposit the $200 to your consumer checking account within 120 days of the opening of the account when all steps are completed within 90 days.
- Minimum deposit of $50 is required to open an account plus a $10 one-time membership fee.
- Account must be open and in good standing for payment. $200 offer valid only between October 23 and December 31, 2017; however, Unitus may discontinue the promotion at any time.
- Must be 18 years or older. Employees ineligible to participate.
- Any Automated Clearing House (ACH) deposit of at least $500 will qualify as a direct deposit.
- Limit one #get200 entry per household
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
There is a $10 membership fee that is not avoidable. This account has no monthly fees to worry about. I didn’t find any mention of any early account termination fee in the fee schedule.
Pretty good bonus, no monthly fees to worry about and pretty easy to hit the bonus requirements. Upside is that you can fund a little bit with a credit card as well. I’ve added it to the best checking bonuses.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times