Published on February 24th, 2016 | by William Charles27
[Expired][IL, IA only] Vibrant Credit Union $500 Checking + Credit Card Bonus
This offer has expired, you can view the best current bonuses by clicking here.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $500
- Availability: Must live within 50 miles of a branch, all branches are in IL/IA [Branch Locator]
- Direct deposit required: Yes, no minimum specified (somebody mentioned a $300 minimum though). Also apparently willing to work with you if you don’t have a hard pull
- Additional requirements: Credit card with 5 transactions, eStatements
- Hard/soft pull: Hard Pull (TransUnion)
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: $5 if closed within 90 days
- Expiration date:
February 29th, 2016 March 31st, 2016May 31st, 2016
- Receive a sign up bonus of $500 when you complete the following requirements with Vibrant Credit Union:
- You must transfer your checking and savings account with direct deposit and open a Vibrant Visa Credit Card
- Within 90 days of opening the account direct deposit of at least $250 a month must be set up and deposited, and you must have a minimum of 5 transactions on Vibrant Visa Credit Card within the first 90 days
- Members must also be signed up for Estatements
The Fine Print
- Must be a new member, which means you or someone in your household can not have had a Vibrant or DHCU account within the last 2 years
- Only one person per household can take advantage of this offer. If the above requirements are met, $500 will be deposited into your checking account after 90 days
- Vibrant employees are not eligible for this promotion. This promotion is available beginning on Thursday, October 1st, 2015, and ending on Monday, February 29th, 2016
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
- Cash earned from referrals will be deposited into your account within 90 days
If you’re already a Vibrant account holder, then you can receive $50 for each referred new member who meets the bonus requirements listed above. New member must mention the name referred by at the time of opening a new account. They will also be informed that you receive a $50 incentive. There is no cap on the number of people you can refer.
Feel free to share your referral information in the comments below.
There is an early account termination fee of $5 that’s charged if the account is closed within 90 days. Their CashBack checking account doesn’t have any monthly fees and their Rewards Checking account $10/mo if avg daily balance is below $2500.
Massive bonus, but the almost certain hard pull will put some people off. Personally I just view this as a credit card sign up bonus of $500 cash, with a bit more hassle (since you need to do a direct deposit). For people that can change their direct deposit easily, this should be a very good bonus for them. I’ll probably try signing up later today, if you have any experiences then please share them in the comments below.
Big thanks to reader, Dado K who let us know. Please consider sharing bank bonuses with this site so we can make it even better.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank