Published on February 4th, 2019 | by William Charles113
[MN, WI] Royal Credit Union $200 Checking Bonus
Update: Reposting because it’s a soft pull and can fund up to $10,000 with a credit card.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: MN, WI only
- Direct deposit required: Yes, no minimum specified
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Up to $2,000 with a Visa or Mastercard (limit of $1,000 per account)
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Bonus forfeit, six months
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: February 28th, 2019
- Royal Credit Union is offering a bonus of $200 when you open a new checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Use promo code 200NEW at account sign up
- Receive a direct deposit within 60 days of account opening (two consecutive direct deposits must be confirmed and received)
The Fine Print
- Offer valid to persons with no prior checking relationship with Royal Credit Union in the last 12 months.
- To qualify for $200 offer, account holder must receive a direct deposit within 60 days from account opening.
- Account must remain open for six months.
- $200 will be deposited to the savings account after two consecutive direct deposits are confirmed and received.
- If all requirements of offer are not met, Royal reserves the right to reclaim the $200. Primary account owner responsible for any applicable taxes.
- Offer valid through 2/28/19 and cannot be combined with any other offer. Subject to termination at any time.
- Other conditions and restrictions may apply.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has no monthly fees to worry about
Early Account Termination Fee
Account must be kept open for six months to avoid the bonus being clawed back.
Seems like a fantastic account to open even before the $200 bonus due to the huge credit card funding allowed. Because of this I will be adding this to our list of the best checking account bonuses.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times