Published on August 17th, 2019 | by William Charles140
[MN, WI] Royal Credit Union $200 Checking Bonus
Update 8/16/19: Bonus is back. Hat tip to readers Nathan91hunt & J. S.
Update: Reposting because it’s a soft pull and can fund up to $10,000 with a credit card.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: MN, WI only
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $200+
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Up to $2,000 with a Visa or Mastercard (limit of $1,000 per account)
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Bonus forfeit, six months
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date:
February 28th, 2019 March 22nd, 2019 March 31st, 2019September 30th, 2019
- Royal Credit Union is offering a bonus of $200 when you open a new checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Use promo code 200NEW at account sign up
- Receive a direct deposit of at least $200 within 60 days of account opening (two consecutive direct deposits must be confirmed and received)
The Fine Print
- Offer valid on new checking accounts opened August 15, 2019 through September 30, 2019.
- Membership and account opening upon qualification.
- New checking account must receive two (2) qualifying direct deposits of at least $200 each from a direct deposit paycheck, pension payment, Social Security payment, or governmental benefits payment electronically deposited into the account from an employer or outside agency.
- First deposit must occur within the first sixty (60) days from account opening.
- Account must remain open for six (6) months.
- Incentive will be deposited into the tax reported for account holder’s Primary Base Savings account upon qualification.
- Limit of one account per Member may be included in promotion.
- Member cannot have had a previously opened or closed checking account with RoyalCU in the last twelve (12) months.
- RoyalCU reserves the right to withhold or reclaim incentive if qualifications are not met based on RoyalCU’s sole discretion.
- Incentive is subject to federal and state tax requirements, which are the responsibility of the account holder.
- RoyalCU reserves the right to terminate this promotion at any time.
- Offer cannot be combined with any other RoyalCU checking account offer.
This account has no monthly fees to worry about
Early Account Termination Fee
Account must be kept open for six months to avoid the bonus being clawed back.
Seems like a fantastic account to open even before the $200 bonus due to the huge credit card funding allowed. Because of this I will be adding this to our list of the best checking account bonuses.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times