Update 11/6/19: Down to 2.07%
Update 10/12/19: Down to 2.27%.
Update 9/25/19: ACH limits have been increased: $25K daily and $100k Monthly
Update 9/20/19: Rate fell from 2.52% to 2.42% due to fed rate cut.
Offer at a glance
- Interest Rate: 2.52% APY
- Minimum Balance: $100
- Maximum Balance: $250,000 (FDIC limit)
- Availability: Nationwide
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Yes (Chex sensitive)
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Insured: FDIC
- Vio Bank offers a high yield savings account Account with an interest rate of 2.52% APY.
The Fine Print
- Only $100 minimum to open.
- 6 free withdrawals per monthly statement cycle (like all savings accounts)
- Interest earned will be reported on a form 1099-INT.
This account has no monthly fee.
It’s fun watching the rates creep up; it took a while until we got to 2.50%, then it held there for a bit, until recently it crept up to 2.51% and now 2.52%. Ultimately, these tiny additions are insignificant, but we’ll usually put out a post when a new top-rate is reached. Vio was previously at 2.46% and now at 2.52%, so they seem to be intent on remaining competitive.
If anyone has used this bank, please share your experiences in the comments below. Check out our list of Best High Yield Savings Accounts for a full comparison list.
Thanks to reader Ken