Deal has ended, view more bank account bonuses by clicking here.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $400
- Availability: Must live, work or worship in:
- Washington, state wide
- Idaho: Boundary, Bonner, Kootenai, Benewah, Shoshone, Latah, Nez Perce, Lewis
- Montana: Missoula, Granite, Lake, Mineral, Powell, Ravalli, Sanders, Beaverhead, Broadwater, Deer Lodge, Gallatin, Jefferson, Lewis and Clark, Silver bow
- Direct deposit required: Yes, no minimum specified
- Additional requirements: 15 debit card transactions
- Hard/soft pull: Hard pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Up to $500
- Monthly fees: None listed
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: None listed
- Horizon Bank is offering a bonus of $400 when you complete the following requirements:
- Open a tether savings and checking account and keep them open for at least 90 days
- Complete 15 debit card transactions
- Set up a direct deposit
The Fine Print
- Here’s the scoop on how to qualify for the $400 – be sure to open both the Tether savings and checking accounts.
- Keep them open at least 90 days, complete 15 debit card transactions (that’s just 5 a month, you do that in a weekend, right?) and set up direct deposit (this ensures you get your paycheck as soon as possible anyway!).
- There are some restrictions and it’s on approved credit.
- New members will pay a $20 membership fee (to become part of the coolest coop around). Current Horizon checking members, sorry! You don’t qualify for this particular offer.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
There is a $20 membership fee, this is not avoidable
These accounts have no monthly fees to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to find a fee schedule so I’m unsure if there is an early account termination fee. The accounts do need to be kept open for at least 90 days though.
Seems like a great bonus, unfortunately it seems like it’s a hard pull to open so might not be worth it for most readers. Although as credit card issuers make it harder to get approved for cards for other reasons hard pulls become less of an issue.
Hat tip to reader James P
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times