Published on June 18th, 2018 | by Chuck190
[Expired] Wells Fargo $200 Checking Bonus [Select Areas Only; No DD Required]
Deal has expired, click here for the best current checking bonuses.
Update 06/18/18: Link is working again after not working for a few weeks. Keep in mind the minimum debit card amount must be at least $1. Hat tip to MtM for making us aware of the offering being back.
Update 02/05/18: Bonus is back, this time with different targeted areas. Via justinsidebieber
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: Enter zip code to see eligibility (Austin, TX; Charleston, SC; Charlottesville, VA; Columbia, SC; Columbus, GA; El Paso, TX-NM, Fresno-Visalia, CA; Ft. Myers-Naples, FL; Greensboro, NC; Greenville, SC-NC; Harlingen, TX; Houston, TX; Idaho Falls, ID; Las Vegas, NV; Reno, NV; Roanoke-Lynchburg, VA; Savannah, GA; Tampa, FL; Tucson (Sierra Vista), AZ; West Palm Beach, FL)
- Direct deposit required: None
- Additional requirements: Debit purchases, see below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Mixed reports, likely doesn’t pull
- Credit card funding: Can fund up to $50 online
- Monthly fees: $10, waivable
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date:
November 22, 2017June 29th, 2018
- Receive a sign up bonus of $200 when you open a new Everyday checking account with Wells Fago and make 10 debit card purchases/payment of at least $1 each month for the 3 consecutive months
To fulfill the qualification, you must make 10 debit transactions within 30 days of account opening, another 10 during days 31-60 from account opening, and another 10 from days 61-90 from account opening.
Enter your zip code to check eligibility.
The following areas are eligible: Austin, TX; Charleston, SC; Charlottesville, VA; Columbia, SC; Columbus, GA; El Paso, TX-NM, Fresno-Visalia, CA; Ft. Myers-Naples, FL; Greensboro, NC; Greenville, SC-NC; Harlingen, TX; Houston, TX; Idaho Falls, ID; Las Vegas, NV; Reno, NV; Roanoke-Lynchburg, VA; Savannah, GA; Tampa, FL; Tucson (Sierra Vista), AZ; West Palm Beach, FL
The Fine Print
- Not eligible for bonus if you are: 1) a current owner on a Wells Fargo consumer checking account; 2) a Wells Fargo team member; 3) a recipient of a consumer checking bonus in the past 12 months (limit 1 bonus per customer)
- All consumer checking accounts except Teen Checking are eligible for the $200 bonus when opened in a branch. Everyday Checking is the only eligible account for the offer when opened online.
- Bonus available in-branch or online
- Initial deposit of $25 required during account opening
- Transactions at an ATM or purchases/payments made using your checking account number and routing transit number through the Automated Clearing House (ACH) do not count as a debit card purchase/payment
- Offer cannot be paid without providing a valid (W-9) and U.S. taxpayer ID number
- Offer can not be combined with any other consumer deposit offer
- Bonus will post to your new checking account within 45 days after eligibility and qualifications have been met
- You are responsible for any federal, state, or local taxes due on your bonus and we will report as income to the tax authorities as required
The Everyday Checking account comes with a $10 monthly fee. Get the fee waived with one of the following:
- 10 debit card purchases and/or payments each statement cycle from this checking account, OR
- Direct deposits totaling $500 or more each statement cycle, OR
- Maintain a $1,500 minimum daily balance, OR
- Link checking account to a Wells Fargo Campus ATM or Campus Debit Card
If you have a Wells mortgage, you might be able to get a higher-level account with no fees.
Early Account Termination Fee
There is no early account termination fee.
If you’re interested in this offer, I’d jump on now as last time we posted a public $200 bonus Wells Fargo quickly pulled the offer. They have offered bonuses of $250 and $300 in the past though. We’ll add this to our list of Best State-Specific Bank Bonuses.