Published on October 17th, 2017 | by Chuck59
[Expried] Wells Fargo $200 Checking Bonus [Select Areas Only; No DD Required]
This deal has expired, click here for the best bank account bonuses.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: Enter zip code to see eligibility (Atlanta, GA; Charlotte, NC; Dallas-Ft. Worth, TX; Los Angeles-Orange County, CA; Minneapolis, MN; Philadelphia, PA; Phoenix, AZSacramento, CA; San Francisco-Bay Area, CA)
- Direct deposit required: None
- Additional requirements: Debit purchases, see below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Mixed reports, likely doesn’t pull
- Credit card funding: Can fund up to $50 online
- Monthly fees: $10, waivable
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date: November 22, 2017
- Receive a sign up bonus of $200 when you open a new Everyday checking account with Wells Fago and make 10 debit card purchases/payments each month for the 3 consecutive months
To fulfill the qualification, you must make 10 debit transactions within 30 days of account opening, another 10 during days 31-60 from account opening, and another 10 from days 61-90 from account opening.
Enter your zip code to check eligibility.
The following areas are eligible: Atlanta, GA; Charlotte, NC; Dallas-Ft. Worth, TX; Los Angeles-Orange County, CA; Minneapolis, MN; Philadelphia, PA; Phoenix, AZSacramento, CA; San Francisco-Bay Area, CA
The Fine Print
- Not eligible for bonus if you are: 1) a current owner on a Wells Fargo consumer checking account; 2) a Wells Fargo team member; 3) a recipient of a consumer checking bonus in the past 12 months (limit 1 bonus per customer)
- All consumer checking accounts except Teen Checking are eligible for the $200 bonus when opened in a branch. Everyday Checking is the only eligible account for the offer when opened online.
- Bonus available in-branch or online
- Initial deposit of $25 required during account opening
- Transactions at an ATM or purchases/payments made using your checking account number and routing transit number through the Automated Clearing House (ACH) do not count as a debit card purchase/payment
- Offer cannot be paid without providing a valid (W-9) and U.S. taxpayer ID number
- Offer can not be combined with any other consumer deposit offer
- Bonus will post to your new checking account within 45 days after eligibility and qualifications have been met
- You are responsible for any federal, state, or local taxes due on your bonus and we will report as income to the tax authorities as required
The Everyday Checking account comes with a $10 monthly fee. Get the fee waived with one of the following:
- 10 debit card purchases and/or payments each statement cycle from this checking account, OR
- Direct deposits totaling $500 or more each statement cycle, OR
- Maintain a $1,500 minimum daily balance, OR
- Link checking account to a Wells Fargo Campus ATM or Campus Debit Card
If you have a Wells mortgage, you might be able to get a higher-level account with no fees.
Early Account Termination Fee
There is no early account termination fee.
Hopefully, most readers got in on the $250 Wells bonus earlier this year which disqualifies them from this bonus, as per the terms. If not, this is an easy $200 bonus.
There are currently three Wells Fargo bonuses available:
- The bonus discussed in this post which has no direct deposit requirement, just an easy debit card requirement
- There’s a $200 bonus available nationwide which has a 3 x $500 direct deposit requirement
- There’s a $300 offer in select areas which has a 3 x $1,500 direct deposit requirement
- (There’s also a $300 business checking offer for in-branch opening at Wells Fargo)
We’ll add this to our list of Best State-Specific Bank Bonuses.
Hat tip to r/churning