Published on March 17th, 2019 | by William Charles0
[WI only] State Bank Of Cross Plains $100 Checking Bonus – No Requirements – Students only
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: 10,000 uChoose Rewards points
- Availability: Must open in branch, all branch locations are in Dane County, Wisconsin
- Direct deposit required: No
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: $0-$10, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: March 31st, 2019
- State Bank Of Cross Plains is offering a bonus of 10,000 uChoose Rewards points (worth $100) when you open a new checking account and complete the following requirements:
The Fine Print
- To qualify for the 10,000 bonus uChoose Rewards Points, account must be opened between February 1, 2019 and March 31, 2019 with a minimum of $100 in new money not currently on deposit at State Bank of Cross Plains and must remain open for 90 days.
- Bonus uChoose Rewards Points will be deposited to account by July 15, 2019.
- We sincerely appreciate our current customers, however this offer is not available to existing checking account customers.
- The offer is not available to those whose accounts have been closed within the last 18 months.
- Only one checking account of any type per person is eligible for bonus uChoose Rewards Points.
- Accounts must be opened in person to receive the bonus uChoose Rewards Points
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Bonus checking for students has no monthly fees, but it requires being a student. Otherwise you need to open a custom rewards checking account. This has a $10 monthly fee that is waived with :
- 4 or more qualifying services
- Personal and Junior Savings
- VISA Debit Card
- Direct Deposit 6
- Business Checking 7
- Certificates of Deposit
- Installment loan
- Home Loan 8
- Home Equity Loan
- VISA Credit Card
- Premium Plus Money Market Account
- Investments with Financial Advisory or Wealth Management
- or $20,000 combined deposit account balances.
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to find a fee schedule
Landing page mentions students, so I think this bonus is only for the student accounts. Even if it’s not it’s only really worth doing if you’re a student as the other accounts are too difficult to keep fee free. Need to know if it’s a soft pull to open, but you should be able to ask before opening the account.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times