Deal has expired, view more credit card bonuses by clicking here
- Barclays is offering a bonus of 45,000 points on the Wyndham card after $1,000 in spend within the first 90 days
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 5x points per $1 spent on stays within the Wyndham portfolio
- 2x points per $1 on gas, utility and grocery store purchases
- 1x points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Anniversary bonus of 6,000 points
- Annual fee of $75 (waived first year)
- Automatic Platinum status
- Early check in
- Avis & Budget car rental upgrade
- This also gives you Total Rewards Platinum status, enough for a free two night trip to Atlantis
- Standard Visa Signature benefits
Previously all Wyndham properties cost 15,000 points per night, so this 45,000 point offer was good for three free nights anywhere but Wyndham recently moved to a three tier system with properties costing 7,500, 15,000 or 30,000 points per night. The previous best bonus on this card was 45,000 points but without the annual fee waived and a higher minimum spend requirement. If the properties you want to stay at still cost 15,000 points (or even 7,500 points) then this offer will be worth considering. Unfortunately for most people all of the nicer properties cost 30,000 points so the value of this bonus has basically halved.
I’ll most likely add this to the best credit card bonuses as I doubt we will see a better offer in the near future and this can still be good value. As always if you have any questions about Barclays credit cards, read this first. There is also at least one data point of Barclays possibly extending their 6/24 rule to this card as well.
Hat tip to readers @GOSavorLA & @TravelNSO & Chong786