Published on January 25th, 2018 | by William Charles31
Chase Marriott Premier: 75,000 Points & Annual Fee Waived First Year
Update 01/25/18: There is a proper landing page now, so I’ve updated the post and reposted.
- Chase is offering 75,000 points after $3,000 in spend within the first three months on the Chase Marriott Rewards Premier Credit Card. Annual fee of $85 is also waived
- Annual fee of $85 waived first year
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 5x points per $1 spent at Marriott & Ritz Carlton locations
- 2x points per $1 spent on airline tickets purchased directly with the Airline, at car rental agencies and at restaurants
- 1x points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Anniversary bonus of a free night certificate for a category 1-5 property.
- 15 credits towards Elite membership after approval and every year after account anniversary
- 1 elite credit for every $3,000 spent
- This product is available to you if you do not have this card and have not received a new cardmember bonus for this card in the past 24 months
- Chase’s 5/24 rule does apply to this card
The public bonus is currently 80,000 points after $3,000 in spend but the annual fee isn’t waived. There is also an offer for up to 120,000 points (you earn 10x points per $1 spent). We also saw a bonus of 100,000 points last year, without the annual fee waived. I think it’s probably best to compare this offer to that offer, would you prefer to save $85 or get an extra 25,000 points? That puts a valuation on points of 0.34¢. Personally I think this card doesn’t make a lot of sense to apply for due to the fact it’s under the 5/24 rule and I’d prioritize other cards ahead of this one. In addition it looks like Chase will offer an Chase Marriott Premier Plus card in the future as well. As always if you do want to apply make sure you read these things everybody should know about Chase cards before doing so.
Hat tip to reader Drew & /u/volpito