- There is now a public link for the following offer on the Chase Marriott card:
- 100,000 points after $5,000 in spend within the first 3 months
- 7,500 points for adding an authorized user after they make their first purchase
- Annual fee of $85 is not waived
- Annual fee of $85, not waived
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 5x points per $1 spent at Marriott & Ritz Carlton locations
- 2x points per $1 spent on airline tickets purchased directly with the Airline, at car rental agencies and at restaurants
- 1x points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Anniversary bonus of a free night certificate for a category 1-5 property.
- 15 credits towards Elite membership after approval and every year after account anniversary
- 1 elite credit for every $3,000 spent
- This product is available to you if you do not have this card and have not received a new cardmember bonus for this card in the past 24 months
- Chase’s 5/24 rule does apply to this card
Unlike the targeted offer, this doesn’t say you must apply by May 3rd. As Sirtheta points out it’s also not marked as a special offer (at least not yet) so it’s possible this could be the new standard bonus with Chase. Onto discussing the deal itself…
This card does fall under the Chase 5/24 rule (interestingly the business version does not). So most people won’t be eligible. If you are eligible you have to ask if this is worth applying for, or if you’d be better off with other Chase cards (this will depend on your travel goals, what cards you’ve already gotten and how far away from going over 5/24 you are).
Previous best bonus on this card was (thanks to our speadsheet) 80,000 points for $3,000 spend with the AF & authorized user the same (there is also a 150,000 point bonus but this requires $30,000 in spend). This is an extra 20,000 points for $2,00 spend (10x per $1 spent) so I think the 100,000 offer is better.
Keep in mind these points also transfer to SPG at a rate of 3:1, so this bonus would be worth 30,000+ SPG points. There is also a sign up bonus of 35,000 SPG points on the American Express personal & business SPG cards. You can see what we think is the best use of SPG/Marriott points by clicking here, we also compare SPG Nights & Flights Vs Marriott Flight & Hotel Packages.
If you’ve applied for the card within the last 90 days, make sure you ask Chase to match you to this higher offer. We will have more details on this shortly. As always, before applying for any Chase cards make sure you read through the list of things you should know.