Published on August 19th, 2019 | by Chuck78
[Expired] [Targeted] Schwab American Express Platinum 100,000 Points Signup Offer With $5,000 Spend Requirement
Deal has expired, view the best current credit card bonuses by clicking here
Direct Link to offer (keep in mind, this offer is targeted)
- Signup for the American Express Platinum card for Schwab and get a signup bonus of 100,000 Membership Rewards points after spending $5,000 within 3 months.
Check you email for subject “LIMITED TIME ONLY: Exclusive 100K Points Offer”. If not eligible, it’ll show “not eligible” after login.
Offer valid through September 30, 2019. “100K Points Offer is a targeted promotion available only to select Schwab clients who were invited to participate. This offer is not transferable or salable.”
- Ability to redeem Membership Rewards points into your Schwab investment account at 1.25 cents per point
- Annual fee of $550 is not waived the first year
- Authorized Platinum cards are $175 for three user (then $175 per Platinum)
- Authorized Gold cards are free
- Full details here
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 5x points per $1 spent on purchases made with airlines or with American Express Travel
- 5x points per $1 spent on hotel bookings made directly from the American Express travel website
- 1x points on all other purchases
- $200 airline incidental credit per calendar year
- $200 Uber credit ($15 per month and additional $20 in December)
- Lounge access:
- Centurion lounge access
- International American Express lounge access
- Delta SkyClub lounge access
- Priority pass select membership
- Airspace lounge access
- SPG gold status (this will also give you Marriott Gold status)
- Hilton gold status
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓
- No foreign transaction fees
- SoulCycle benefits
- View these other hidden benefits
This offer was sent out via email; I’m unsure if it’s working for anyone who didn’t get the email, but you can check on the public landing page. If you were targeted, it’s really a terrific offer. You can get one signup bonus for each Amex Platinum flavor; so long as you never had Schwab Platinum before, you should be eligible.
The Platinum cards aren’t worth as much as they used to be since the airline credit is no longer easily usable, but with 100,000 bonus it’s great for the first year, at the least. Some people like the Schwab Platinum long term for the ability to cash out all Membership Rewards points at a value of 1.25 cents per point. Read this post for Things To Know About American Express Credit Cards before applying.
Hat tip to suiris