Published on December 4th, 2014 | by William Charles7
$15 Staples Giftcard Easy Rebate When You Purchase $100 Or More Visa, Mastercard Or American Express Giftcards
- Receive a $15 staples gift card when you purchase $100 or more in Visa, Mastercard or American Express gift cards. You’ll also need to complete a staples easy rebate.
The Fine Print
- Limit of one rebate per household
- Must complete a staples easy rebate to get $15 staples gift card
- Deal valid from December 7th till December 13th
There are a couple of ways to maximize this deal. It’s important to remember that a Staples gift card isn’t as good as cash, according to Gift Card Granny you can resell it for 86.5% of facevalue so we’re going to assign the $15 giftcard as $12.975 in cash. Here are a couple of different ways to maximize this deal:
1. AmEx Offers
Earlier this week we let you know about an American Express sync offer that gives you a $20 statement credit when you spend $100 or more at Staples.
- Purchase $200 giftcard and ask the cashier to split tender it across two American Express cards enrolled in the offer. (+$40 in statement credits, -$206.95 for giftcard and fees)
- Receive one $15 giftcard valued at $12.975 cash
You’d make $52.975 on this deal. If you had a way of getting multiple easy rebates, then you could just purchase $100 gift cards which would cost you $5.95 in fees, in this case you’d profit an extra $11.975.
2. 5%/5x Cash Back Card
If you have a card that earns at a high rate on office supply stores you could do the following:
- Purchase $200 giftcard with $6.95 fee (-$206.95)
- Use a credit card that earns at least 5% cash back (+$10.3475)
- Use a credit card that is enrolled in Visa savings edge to earn an additional 1% cash back (+$2.0695)
- Receive $15 easy rebate (+$12.975 in cash)
In this situation you’d earn $18.442
I’ll probably grab a few giftcards next time I’m near a staples.
Hat tip to Miles to Memories