Published on July 13th, 2017 | by Chuck23
3x Fuel Points on Visa Gift Cards at Giant, Stop&Shop, Martin’s [7/14-7/20]
- Get 3x fuel points on the purchase of Visa gift cards at Giant, Stop&shop, and Martin’s
Gift cards generally don’t earn fuel points at all at Giant/S&S/Martin’s, but occasionally they release offers like this to get points on gift card purchases.
The Fine Print
- Valid 7/14 through 7/20 (starts Friday, 7/20)
- Must use store card to get and use the points
- Be sure to double check that your local store is running this offer before buying
- “We now accept credit cards for the purchase of Visa, Mastercard, and American Express gift cards”
Gas Points Details
Every 100 points gets you 10¢ off per gallon at Shell, up to 20 gallons. If you have 1000 points, you’ll get $1 off. If you have 1500 points, you’ll get $1.50 off per gallon.
- Max discount in some areas is $1.50. In other areas, there might not be any max.
- You have 30 days to use the points. The day of purchase is Day #1. (Giant PA and Martins might expire at the end of the following month.)
- Points can only be used at partner Shell stations. You can redeem the points in a different area from where you got the points, but only if that Shell station is a partner. Check out the gas locator for Stop & Shop and for Giant for exact listings of which Shell stations are included. (Giant PA and Martins might only be valid at their own gas stations.)
- See the FAQ for more details. Some of the details vary by area and store.
- Points usually are available immediately, but I’ve had on occasion where it took a day until they showed up and were usable.
- Pro tip: Use a Shell gift card and you’ll usually get the cash price; it’s especially worthwhile to get the lower cash price when using fuel points.
Nice that they are offering 3x this time; deals are usually for 2x.
For each tank of gas you’ll need over the next month, buy a $500 Visa gift card to get $1.50 off the tank. If you’ll need 4 tanks, buy $2,000 worth. You might still have some gas points for the next week or two from the previous Mastercard promo, so factor that in.
Max of $5,000 can be purchased in a day. They’ll copy your driver license number for purchases of $2,000 or more. Time to pull out those grocery credit cards.
Hat tip to reader scott