Deal has ended, view more bank account bonuses by clicking here.
Update 6/7/22: Back to only legal residents of Connecticut, New Jersey, or New York
Update 6/7/22: Deal is back until 6/30/22.
Update 4/2/22: Extended until 6/30/22
Update 1/1/22: Extended until 3/31/22.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $150
- Availability: Nationwide. (If you are not eligible through one (the 2,000) of these paths, you have the option to join by making a one-time $5 donation to the New Jersey Coalition for Financial Education or the Connecticut Jump$tart Coalition)
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $500+ for three months
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown, sensitive (not sensitive in branch)
- Credit card funding: Up to $1,000 with Visa, Mastercard or Discover. Cannot go over otherwise it won’t work.
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date: December 31, 2021
- Affinity Federal Credit Union is offering a bonus of $150 when you open a new checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Make 10 or more purchases with the debit card within 90 days of account opening
- Within 30 days of account opening make a minimum $500 monthly deposit for three consecutive months
The Fine Print
- To receive the $150 bonus, you must:
- 1) Open an Affinity Cash Back Debit account online using the Apply Now button on this webpage on or before December 31, 2021.
- 2) Make recurring, qualifying direct deposits of $500 or more per month for three consecutive months. The first direct deposit must be made within 30 days, the second deposit within 31-60 days and the third deposit 61-90 days of the account opening date.
- 3) Make 10 or more purchases with the debit card associated with your Affinity Cash Back Debit account within 90 days of the account opening date. Qualified debit card transactions include signature and PIN based debit transactions in person directly at a merchant location or in app or online merchant sites. Qualified debit card transactions from all debit cards on the account count toward the bonus. Online Bill Payments, Zelle® transactions and ATM transactions do not qualify. Offer valid only for new members who join Affinity.
- Bonus will be deposited into your checking account 30 days after all qualifying criteria has been met. Bonus offer excludes MoreChecking, Business checking, Teen Checking and Revolution Spend accounts.
- Bonus may be reported as taxable income and may be reported on an IRS 1099 Form, if applicable. Limit of one checking bonus per person.
- Additional exclusions may apply. Offer subject to change without notice.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Affinity checking has no monthly fees to worry about
Early Account Termination Fee
This account has no EATF.
Previously this offer was only available in NY, CT. Looks to be available nationwide this time. That bonus was better as it didn’t require a direct deposit. The main issue is the fact that this bank is ChexSystems sensitive so for regular bank bonus churners it’s probably not worth applying unless you can go into a physical branch. We will still be adding this to our list of the best bank account bonuses.
Hat tip to reader Jun
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times