Published on April 14th, 2019 | by William Charles12
[NY, CT] Affinity Federal Credit Union $150 Checking Bonus – No Direct Deposit Required
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $150
- Availability: NY or CT only
- Direct deposit required: No, but must deposit $200 monthly for three months
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- ChexSystems: Unknown, sensitive (not sensitive in branch)
- Credit card funding: Up to $1,000 with Visa, Mastercard or Discover
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date: None listed
- Affinity Federal Credit Union is offering a bonus of $150 when you open a new checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Register for online and mobile banking and sign up for eStatements
- Within 30 days of account opening make a minimum $200 monthly deposit for three consecutive months
The Fine Print
- . To receive the $150 bonus, you must reside in New York or Connecticut and open an new Affinity Checking or MoreChecking; make one deposit totaling $200 or more, per month, for 3 consecutive months.
- The monthly deposit of $200 or more must be made by direct deposit, a transfer from another financial institution, mobile deposit, ATM or at any Affinity branch.
- The first deposit must be made within 30 days, the second deposit within 31-60 days and the third deposit 61-90 days of the account opening date.
- You must register for Online and Mobile Banking and sign up for eStatements in Online or Mobile Banking within 30 days of account opening.
- Offer valid only for new members who join Affinity within 30 days of opening the checking account or existing members without an Affinity Checking or MoreChecking account.
- Bonus will be deposited into your checking account within 30 days of completing the qualifying activities.
- Bonus offer excludes Business checking, Teen Checking and Revolution Spend accounts. Bonus may be reported as taxable income.
- Limit of one checking bonus per member.
- Additional exclusions may apply. Offer subject to change without notice. Affinity Checking:
- There is no minimum opening deposit or balance requirement. MoreChecking: There is no minimum opening deposit.
- Minimum balance to earn the standard 0.05% APY is $1,000. Rate may change after the account is open. Fees could reduce earnings.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Affinity checking has no monthly fees to worry about
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to find a fee schedule
This looks to be a good bonus, assuming it’s a soft pull to open. If anybody goes for it please let us know if it’s a hard or soft pull in the comments below. Affinity Federal also has a business checking bonus for up to $400. This bank also offers a card that has a $200 sign up bonus and 5% back at bookstores.
Hat tip to reader RT
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times