Published on September 20th, 2018 | by William Charles104
[Expired][AK, NY, OH, ID, IN, ME, MI, OR, PA, UT & VT] KeyBank $300 Checking Bonus
10/02/18: Bonus has expired and is no longer valid. View the best current deals here.
Bonus was expired from September 2nd until September 19th, it’s now live again. I wouldn’t rely on it lasting until December 28th though.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $300
- Availability: Offer available in the following markets ONLY: Alaska, Central NY, Cincinnati, Columbus, Dayton, Hudson Valley, Idaho, Indiana (Central and Northern), Maine, Michigan, Northern Northwest Ohio, Oregon, Philadelphia PA, Utah, Vermont
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $500+ required
- Additional requirements: Use promo code
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Mixed DP, most likely does. Also reports of being ChexSystems sensitive.
- Credit card funding: Up to $100
- Monthly fees: $7 avoidable
- Early account termination fee: $25, 180 days
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date: December 28th, 2018
- KeyBank is offering a bonus of $300 when you open a new eligible checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Receive a single direct deposit of $500+
The Fine Print
- Offer available in the following markets ONLY: Alaska, Central NY, Cincinnati, Columbus, Dayton, Hudson Valley, Idaho, Indiana (Central and Northern), Maine, Michigan, Northern Northwest Ohio, Oregon, Philadelphia PA, Utah, Vermont
- You must open a Key Express Checking® Account (this is the basic banking account in NY), Key Advantage® Checking Account, Key Privilege® Checking Account, or Key Privilege Select Checking® Account by 12/28/18 and make ONE single KeyBank direct deposit of $500 or more within 60 days after account opening to get $300.
- Direct deposit transactions are limited to: payroll, Social Security, pension and government benefits. Accounts titled as Trust Accounts, Estate, and No Access are excluded from eligibility.
- Employees of KeyBank, its affiliates and subsidiaries are not eligible for this offer. Offer/Reservation number cannot be sold and is required to qualify. Limit one gift per qualifying account.
- Limit one gift per individual.
- The value of your gift will be reported on Form 1099-INT and deposited into your account within 90 days of meeting requirements.
- If you close your account within 180 days of account opening, you will be charged a $25 account early closure fee
- Offer not available to individuals who have had a KeyBank checking account or a KeyBank Hassle-Free Account® in the last 12 months.
- Accounts overdrawn or closed at the time of gift payment are not eligible.
- Offer is subject to cancellation without notice and cannot be combined with any other offer.
- KeyBank is not responsible for and will not honor promotional offers that appear on third-party websites that are not authorized by KeyBank.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
The $7 monthly fee on this account is waived if you do either of the following each statement cycle:
- Direct deposits of at least $500
- At least 8 customer initiated transactions (any deposits, withdrawals, which includes transfers)
Early Account Termination Fee
If you close your account within 180 days, you are required to pay an early account closure fee of $25
KeyBank Relationship Rewards Membership Fee $30
This is optional so make sure you opt out of it.
KeyBank frequently has bonuses, the best bonuses are when you get $300 and can open the express checking account to get the bonus. This is the case with this bonus thankfully. It’s been a long time since we’ve seen a bonus as good as this from KeyBank so I’m really happy to see it make a come back. I’ll definitely be adding this to the best checking bonus page as it’s well worth doing if you live in the targeted area.
Big thanks to reader, Justin P who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times