Deal is available again, more information here.
Deal has now expired, for more ways to save on Amazon click here.
Update 11/21/18: Deal is still active. Scattering of reports of it working a second time, but I couldn’t get it to work. Hat tip to Deals We Like
Update 9/18/18: A few people are getting this offer to work now, with a few reports of it working even if used before. Can’t hurt to check. Offer is still showing the 11/30/18 expiration date.
Update 6/6/18: This offer was extended through November, probably with a new batch of people being targeted. It seems that those who’ve used it already can not do it again.
Update 04/30/18: Seems like another batch of people are now targeted. Deal is even better if you were targeted for the American Express spend $50 & get $20/2,000 points back. Some tips on how to get targeted for that offer here. Might be a good time to lock in Amazon prime pricing. Update: Apparently after registering you need to wait 24 hours for the promo code to be applicable.
Direct Link to offer (this post contains our affiliate link)
- Get $30 off $60 on Amazon.com purchases when using Amex Membership Rewards shop-with-points
You can even use a single Amex Membership Rewards point and still get the $30 discount, and the deal works on gift cards too!
The left image below is from a $60 AirBnB electronic gift card and the right image below is from $100 Whole Foods physical gift card:
Here’s how to go about doing this deal:
- Link your Amex Membership Rewards account to your Amazon account if you haven’t already
- Click to Activate this offer to your Amazon account here
- Add $60 or more of eligible products shipped and sold by Amazon to your shopping cart
- Proceed to checkout & select your Amex Rewards Card as your payment method
- Select the amount of Membership Rewards Points you’d like to use for the purchase (must use points for at least $.01 of the purchase)
- Up to a $30 discount off $60 will be automatically applied at checkout; no promo code needed
The Fine Print
- This is a limited time offer. The promotion will end at 11:59 PT on
June 1, 2018November 30, 2018. The promotion code will expire concurrently. Amazon.com reserves the right to cancel or modify this offer at any time.
- Offer is available by invitation only, is non-transferable, is not redeemable for cash, and may not be resold.
- Offer applies only to the purchase of at least $60 of eligible products, where Membership Rewards points are used for at least a portion of the purchase and the promotion code is entered at checkout. Taxes, gift-wrap, and shipping and handling charges do not apply when determining minimum purchase amount.
- The maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is $30 per eligible Membership Rewards enrolled Card.
- Offer is not available to American Express Membership Rewards eligible cards whose points have been previously used for purchases at Amazon.com in the past twelve months. (Note: Multiple reports say that this isn’t being enforced.)
- Offer does not apply to the purchase of digital content.
- Offer only applies to eligible products shipped and sold by Amazon.com.
- Items must be purchased in a single order and shipped at the same speed to a single address.
- Shipping charges may apply to discounted promotional items.
- Limit one promotion code per Membership Rewards eligible card.
- Offer may not be combined with other offers.
- To redeem the offer, you must be logged into an account which has been active for 30 days or longer.
- Offer discount will be allocated proportionally among all promotional items in your original order. If any of the items in your original order are subsequently returned, your refund will equal the original price of the product, less the proportional amount of the discount. The total discount on the unreturned amount of your original order will then be less than $30.
- If any of the products related to your original order are returned, subject to Amazon’s refund policy, you will receive a refund of the card amount first, followed by Membership Rewards points.
- Promotional codes (including those placed directly in accounts) may not be redeemed for Amazon Gift Cards.
- This promotion is available only to Amazon.com customers with an eligible American Express card issued in the United States.
This deal is working for many people, but not everyone. And it works on third-party gift cards too, both physical and electronic! Probably worth just buying a gift card or some other item now in case it gets used up, but hopefully it’ll last through the holiday shopping season as it’s set to expire on December 31. I’ll also send this out with the Dochotdeals Twitter account in case it doesn’t last for some reason.
I’ll post here popular gift card links with our affiliate link. We appreciate when you use our links,
but remember you can get 3x JetBlue by going through their portal instead (no longer available)
- Amazon home page
- Link to all physical gift cards on Amazon (scroll down to find the third party cards)
- Link to all electronic gift cards on Amazon (scroll down to find the third party cards)
- AirBnB e-gift card
- Uber e-gift card
- Hotels.com e-gift card
- Whole Foods gift card
- Lowes e-gift card
- Netflix e-gift card
- Safeway e-gift card
- Albertson’s physical gift card
- Southwest physical gift card
- Nordstrom gift card
E-gift cards can be customized to exactly $60 which maximizes the discount. Physical cards will have to be in their set denominations, usually $25, $50, $100.
This is the method: Register Shop with Points using amex card; wait for 24 hours or more, then click the Offer link.
I registered with my Amex cards about 6 months ago
I keep trying to add a point but it shows it in dollars and won’t allow the discount.
The deal works again. The activation page says “The promotion will end at 11:59 PT on 12/31/2019.”
Deal ended early… tried to use it today and it said the deal expired. Never wait till the last minute… lesson learned!! John 3:16
30 off 60 not getting applied now which worked a few hours back.. looks like the promotion ended and all unused is now gone.
Chuck, why des
I was targeted and activated this offer sometime back but since the exp date was Nov 30 2018 I thought I would use it around BF time. When I checked this in Sept I got “Your points will be applied at checkout but we were not able to activate the promo code. If you have already activated this code, your discount will be applied at checkout” which I thought was fine.
And now I am getting “Thank you for your interest. Unfortunately this offer has ended.” And I dont see it on the checkout page when I have an item more than $60 shipped and sold by Amazon!
Chuck Any idea whats going on? Is there a promo code or something I need to use How can I targeted and not be targeted at the same time?
Not sure. What happens when you try to activate it anew?
I can’t activate it anew it says the offer has ended.
I think pavboi is talking about the same thing. So basically if offer has ended they are not only stopping anyone new but also removing unused ones. Bummer!!
The terms also says something like “Amazon can end it at any time”. So nov 30 end date is just BS and to make us look like fools. Hahah
“Thank you for your interest. Unfortunately this offer has ended.”
in the past it used to say that you arent targeted…
“Thank you for your interest. Unfortunately this offer has ended.”
Just means you’re not targeted
I didn’t login at all… still got the same message
Confirming success with this offer. Registered my Amex card with Amazon. Linked the Membership Rewards.
3 days later, the $30 off $60 offer banner was showing up on Amazon while browsing. Of course, several days later you can click the provided link above and hope for success too.
Thanks Chuck I did get it to work.