Published on September 18th, 2018 | by Chuck276
[Repost] Amazon $30 off $60 when Using MR Points, Works on Gift Cards [Targeted]
Update 6/6/18: This offer was extended through November, probably with a new batch of people being targeted. It seems that those who’ve used it already can not do it again.
Update 04/30/18: Seems like another batch of people are now targeted. Deal is even better if you were targeted for the American Express spend $50 & get $20/2,000 points back. Some tips on how to get targeted for that offer here. Might be a good time to lock in Amazon prime pricing. Update: Apparently after registering you need to wait 24 hours for the promo code to be applicable.
Direct Link to offer (this post contains our affiliate link)
- Get $30 off $60 on Amazon.com purchases when using Amex Membership Rewards shop-with-points
You can even use a single Amex Membership Rewards point and still get the $30 discount, and the deal works on gift cards too!
Here’s how to go about doing this deal:
- Link your Amex Membership Rewards account to your Amazon account if you haven’t already
- Click to Activate this offer to your Amazon account here
- Add $60 or more of eligible products shipped and sold by Amazon to your shopping cart
- Proceed to checkout & select your Amex Rewards Card as your payment method
- Select the amount of Membership Rewards Points you’d like to use for the purchase (must use points for at least $.01 of the purchase)
- Up to a $30 discount off $60 will be automatically applied at checkout; no promo code needed
The Fine Print
- This is a limited time offer. The promotion will end at 11:59 PT on
June 1, 2018November 30, 2018. The promotion code will expire concurrently. Amazon.com reserves the right to cancel or modify this offer at any time.
- Offer is available by invitation only, is non-transferable, is not redeemable for cash, and may not be resold.
- Offer applies only to the purchase of at least $60 of eligible products, where Membership Rewards points are used for at least a portion of the purchase and the promotion code is entered at checkout. Taxes, gift-wrap, and shipping and handling charges do not apply when determining minimum purchase amount.
- The maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is $30 per eligible Membership Rewards enrolled Card.
- Offer is not available to American Express Membership Rewards eligible cards whose points have been previously used for purchases at Amazon.com in the past twelve months. (Note: Multiple reports say that this isn’t being enforced.)
- Offer does not apply to the purchase of digital content.
- Offer only applies to eligible products shipped and sold by Amazon.com.
- Items must be purchased in a single order and shipped at the same speed to a single address.
- Shipping charges may apply to discounted promotional items.
- Limit one promotion code per Membership Rewards eligible card.
- Offer may not be combined with other offers.
- To redeem the offer, you must be logged into an account which has been active for 30 days or longer.
- Offer discount will be allocated proportionally among all promotional items in your original order. If any of the items in your original order are subsequently returned, your refund will equal the original price of the product, less the proportional amount of the discount. The total discount on the unreturned amount of your original order will then be less than $30.
- If any of the products related to your original order are returned, subject to Amazon’s refund policy, you will receive a refund of the card amount first, followed by Membership Rewards points.
- Promotional codes (including those placed directly in accounts) may not be redeemed for Amazon Gift Cards.
- This promotion is available only to Amazon.com customers with an eligible American Express card issued in the United States.
This deal is working for many people, but not everyone. And it works on third-party gift cards too, both physical and electronic! Probably worth just buying a gift card or some other item now in case it gets used up, but hopefully it’ll last through the holiday shopping season as it’s set to expire on December 31. I’ll also send this out with the Dochotdeals Twitter account in case it doesn’t last for some reason.
I’ll post here popular gift card links with our affiliate link. We appreciate when you use our links,
but remember you can get 3x JetBlue by going through their portal instead (no longer available)
- Amazon home page
- Link to all physical gift cards on Amazon (scroll down to find the third party cards)
- Link to all electronic gift cards on Amazon (scroll down to find the third party cards)
- AirBnB e-gift card
- Uber e-gift card
- Hotels.com e-gift card
- Whole Foods gift card
- Lowes e-gift card
- Netflix e-gift card
- Safeway e-gift card
- Albertson’s physical gift card
- Southwest physical gift card
- Nordstrom gift card
E-gift cards can be customized to exactly $60 which maximizes the discount. Physical cards will have to be in their set denominations, usually $25, $50, $100.