Published on September 12th, 2019 | by Chuck31
American Express Business Green New Signup Bonus of 3x Points on Restaurants, Hotels, Airfare for 3 Months
- Newly approved American Express Business Green cardholders can earn 3X Membership Rewards points on their combined purchases on the card at U.S. restaurants, on hotel stays booked directly with hotels, and on airfare purchased directly from airlines in the first 3 months of Card Membership.
Max $50,000 in spend earns the 3x rate. Offer ends 11/6/19.
Welcome offer not available to applicants who have or have had this Card. We may also consider the number of American Express Cards you have opened and closed as well as other factors in making a decision on your welcome offer eligibility.
- Card has $95 annual fee, NOT waived the first year
- Card earns the following rates:
- 2X Membership Rewards points for each dollar you spend on eligible purchases at amextravel.com
- 1x Membership Rewards point for every eligible dollar you spend elsewhere
- 2.7% foreign transaction fee
Business Green is something most of end up getting via downgrade from Platinum as the signup bonus has typically been a measly 5,000 points. This new offer is somewhat more interesting due to the high bonus potential. I’d argue that these categories (restaurants, hotels, airfare) are often bonused on other cards, and the incremental additional value of 3x Membership Rewards points might be minimal or nothing.
Additionally, you can get a friend to refer you to the card;
you’ll get 5,000 points with the annual fee waived for the first year, and they’ll get 10-20k points, depending on which offer they use. So that’s probably a better deal overall. Update: apparently, the referral offer now comes with the $95 fee.
Interesting to see the change, regardless. We’re still waiting for the personal Amex Green card to get relaunched as well, hasn’t happened yet. Check out these Things to Know about American Express before applying for a new Amex card.
Hat tip to TPG