Published on August 16th, 2015 | by William Charles55
American Express Launches New Serve Cash Back Card (Silver Serve)
American Express recently launched Green Serve, when they did that there were also rumors of a 1% cash back Serve card in the works called Silver Serve. Reader Carmelo G recently came across these new cards for sale at his local CVS store and was happy to provide me with these pictures:
- Actually called Serve Cash Back and not Serve Silver as some people suggested
- Monthly fee of $5.95 (doesn’t apply to those living in NY, TX, VT)
- Reloads with direct deposit, from a checking/savings account and debit cards/American Express cards online are all free
- Cash reloads at Walmart, Family Dollar, 7-Eleven, and CVS cost up to $3.95
- ATM Withdrawals (in network), online bill pay and sending/receiving money are all free
- Out of network ATM withdrawals are $2.5
- Foreign currency conversion fee of 2.7% (not charged to those in VT)
This is basically a hybrid of the Green Serve and new Blue Serve, you have to pay a monthly fee and you still don’t get free reloads at Walmart and Family Dollar (which both accept gift cards for ‘cash loads’). The best Serve card is Soft Serve, but unfortunately that is no longer available. In terms of what is available the Green Serve/One VIP card will be best for most people, you have to pay a monthly fee but reloads are free. You can read more about the different types of Serve cards by going here.
I don’t think this new card really makes any sense for most people as they are not unloading it by making purchases.