- American Express is offering a new sign up bonus on the Platinum personal card:
- Get 125,000 points signup bonus when spending $6,000 within 6 months.
- 10x points per $1 spent at restaurants worldwide on up to $25,000 in spend within your first six months month (that’s 9x bonus points on top of the standard 1x point)
- Annual fee of $695 is not waived the first year
- Authorized Platinum cards are $175 for three user (then $175 per Platinum)
- Authorized Gold cards are free
- Full details here
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 5x points per $1 spent on purchases made with airlines or with American Express Travel
- 5x points per $1 spent on hotel & airline bookings made directly from the American Express travel website
- 1x points on all other purchases
- $200 airline incidental credit per calendar year
- $200 Uber credit ($15 per month and additional $20 in December)
- Lounge access:
- Centurion lounge access
- International American Express lounge access
- Delta SkyClub lounge access
- Priority pass select membership
- Airspace lounge access
- $240 digital entertainment credit. This is a credit of $20 per month and can be used on Peacock, Audible, SiriusXM and The New York Times.
- $200 hotel credit. This can be used on select prepaid bookings (Fine Hotels + Resorts® and The Hotel Collection) when using American Express Travel
- $179 Clear credit
- Walmart+ monthly credit. Cardholders will receive a $12.95 credit (covers the full cost of membership).
- $300 Equinox credit. This is a $25 credit each month
- Global Dining Access by Resy
- The Global Lounge Collection
We once saw a better version of this offer with 15x back on dining and shop small. I wouldn’t hold my breath for that one to come back, and this is still a monster offer with up to 375,000 points bonus potential if you max out the restaurant part.
I’m not sure if the recent 150,000 bonus on the personal Platinum card is still available. Regardless, a lot of people will prefer this Resy offer for 125,000 + up to 250,000 points. A downside of the Resy offer is that you can’t use a referral link to signup.