Update 11/6/22: Offer was lowered down from 125,000 to 100,000. Everything else is the same. (ht Shri)
- American Express is offering a new sign up bonus on the Platinum personal card:
- Get 125,000 points signup bonus when spending $6,000 within 6 months.
- 10x points per $1 spent at restaurants worldwide on up to $25,000 in spend within your first six months month (that’s 9x bonus points on top of the standard 1x point)
- Annual fee of $695 is not waived the first year
- Authorized Platinum cards are $175 for three user (then $175 per Platinum)
- Authorized Gold cards are free
- Full details here
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 5x points per $1 spent on purchases made with airlines or with American Express Travel
- 5x points per $1 spent on hotel & airline bookings made directly from the American Express travel website
- 1x points on all other purchases
- $200 airline incidental credit per calendar year
- $200 Uber credit ($15 per month and additional $20 in December)
- Lounge access:
- Centurion lounge access
- International American Express lounge access
- Delta SkyClub lounge access
- Priority pass select membership
- Airspace lounge access
- $240 digital entertainment credit. This is a credit of $20 per month and can be used on Peacock, Audible, SiriusXM and The New York Times.
- $200 hotel credit. This can be used on select prepaid bookings (Fine Hotels + Resorts® and The Hotel Collection) when using American Express Travel
- $179 Clear credit
- Walmart+ monthly credit. Cardholders will receive a $12.95 credit (covers the full cost of membership).
- $300 Equinox credit. This is a $25 credit each month
- Global Dining Access by Resy
- The Global Lounge Collection
We once saw a better version of this offer with 15x back on dining and shop small. I wouldn’t hold my breath for that one to come back, and this is still a monster offer with up to 375,000 points bonus potential if you max out the restaurant part.
I’m not sure if the recent 150,000 bonus on the personal Platinum card is still available. Regardless, a lot of people will prefer this Resy offer for 125,000 + up to 250,000 points. A downside of the Resy offer is that you can’t use a referral link to signup.
We’ll add this to our List of Best Credit Card Signup Bonuses. Check out these Things To Know About American Express before applying.
Why do a lot of people prefer this Resy offer for 125,000 + up to 250,000 points, to the 150k points?
This deal is not good unless 150k. 125k for $6k spend is average. Better ones out there, with this card having $700/annual fee.
Deleting my previous comment.
previously had Amex Plat (many years ago) with the bonus, downgraded to Gold and cancelled that (a year or two ago). I am getting targeted upgrade offers for the basic (fee free) Amex cards I have (Amex APP).
Clicking into the Amex “upgrade” card offer in-App takes me to an authenticated browser session (in-app Safari iFrame) for the card. Ignoring this, navigate to the All Personal Cards screen. There I see a personalized “for you” offer for AMEX Platinum for 150K with 6k over 6 month **without** lifetime language. It’s authenticated to my app login session, so I can easily apply (haven’t yet as I am debating another card).
For anyone that has previously had plat and wants to take Amex Plat. for a spin again, this seems to be a safe route as the recommendation is made specific to the account owner and they appear to intentionally remove lifetime language clause.
applied and approved instantly for 150K offer without credit limit. It was between this and USB Altitude CC
The 150,000 offer is still available via some browsers. I saw it on mobile but not desktop.
which link you using? none seem to work for me on mobile
I got this offer while logging in via Firefox on my desktop.
Which offer? The 150k for resy? Through cardmatch?
This is probably not the right place to post this. My apologies. Where is the appropriate place for a broader question?
I currently have AMEX platinum and I am on the fence about renewing. It will probably come down to the amount of any retention bonus. One credit I value very little is the entertainment credit. I use it for Disney+, but I personally only value it at about $1/month because I rarely use Disney+.
My question: would it make sense to stop my Disney+ subscription? My thinking is that Amex would then view me as a better customer and would be willing to give me a bigger retention bonus. Any thoughts?
I can receive the welcome bonus even if I currently have platinum card, right? I don’t see any lifeterm thing that people mentioned before. As you can tell, a bit of a nooby XD.
You need to drill down on the T&Cs. The lifetime language is there and that’s he only place it counts.
at the same time, you can still apply and wait for the pop-up, right? no pop-up = winning, right? or maybe no???
Not sure what a “nooby” or a “lifeterm thing” is but if you play stupid games with Amex of all issuers, you will most certainly win stupid prizes.
I can’t even find the 125k + 10x dinning, I just get a 100k nothing else…. am I looking in the right place?
Literally a direct link in the post. Unfortunately the bonus has decreased since your comment.
I was able to pull 150k/$6k spend via Chrome Incognito just now.
Got 150k + referral after two tries.