Published on March 3rd, 2018 | by William Charles24
America’s Christian Credit Union: 4% APY One Year CD On Balances Up To $4,000 [Must Be Christian]
Offer at a glance
- Interest Rate: 4%
- Minimum Balance: $1,000
- Maximum Balance: $4,000
- Availability: Nationwide, must be a Christian
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Doesn’t seem to be an option
- Monthly fees: None
- Insured: NCUA & ASI
- America’s Christian Credit Union is offering a 4% APY 1 year CD on balances from $1,000 to $4,000 to new members.
The Fine Print
- The 12-month term certificate has a $1,000.00 minimum balance and $4,000.00 maximum balance per member.
- Only new members are eligible.
- Account must be funded with new funds or funds deposited less than 30 days prior to opening.
- Early withdrawal penalties do apply which may reduce the principal. At maturity, this Term Share Certificate (TSC) will automatically renew for a 12-month term at the current 12-month TSC rate unless we are notified in writing prior to the maturity date.
- Offer valid through March 31, 2018.
- All program rates, offer, terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.
- Certain restrictions apply.
- Must qualify for membership. A $2 membership fee may apply. Savings or Checking Account is required to fund the account.
- The credit union is federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
- Additionally insured by American Share Insurance.
- An Equal Housing Lender.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This CD doesn’t have any fees to worry about, but you are charged a $2 membership fee to join.
4% is obviously a great rate on a one year CD, it’s 2% and a bit higher than standard basic savings account rates. The $4,000 maximum isn’t great though. If you compare that to a 2% account you’re basically earning an extra $80 over the year. Personally I think it makes more sense to do a bank account bonus instead of opening a CD like this. There are also a few other accounts that are open to those of the Christian faith only:
- Brightpeak Financial $200 Savings Bonus – Nationwide [Excluding AR, GA, NV, OK. Must Also Be Christian]
- [Must Be A Member of A Christian Ministry] Christian Community Credit Union $200 Checking Account Bonus + 4% CD
Not sure what the fascination is with the 4% CDs, must be a Christian thing. If anybody has any experience with this credit union, please share it in the comments below. Friendly reminder to keep your comments respectful and polite.
Hat tip to Matt K