Published on September 18th, 2019 | by Chuck89
Amex Offers: Save $25 on $45 Sam’s Club Membership (Stack with Referral, Savings Offer, Portal & More)
Update 11/3/19: Ibotta showing $15 now.
Update 10/9/19: I believe Dosh is now at $20 for everyone (?).
Update 9/18/19: Dosh is now up to $20 for some people. For others it’s still showing $5.
[Update 9/14/19: Added $5 with Dosh, plus two new signup options, see ‘Stacking the Deal’ section below. Also, added a direct link to offer.]
- Get a one-time $25 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to purchase a new Membership online at SamsClub.com/JoinAMEX by 1/31/2020. Not valid in-Club, via mobile app or by phone. See terms for exclusions.
The Fine Print
- Offer valid only on a new Sam’s Club Membership purchased online at US website (SamsClub.com/JoinAMEX) and not valid on memberships purchased in-Club, via mobile app or by phone.
- Excludes membership renewals, upgrades, add-ons or additional membership or any purchase of Sam’s Club Gift of Membership or Prepaid Sam’s Savings Membership.
Stacking the Deal
- Register your Amex card for this Amex Offer to get $25 back.
- There are a bunch of Sam’s signup deals to stack this with (in the past, buying membership without going through the official Sam’s/Amex link has worked to trigger the Amex offer credit, so hopefully the above-mentioned stacks will work, but we’ll have to wait for actual data points to be certain):
This signup link seems to give a $25 Sam’s gift card. No confirmations on this working/stacking yet, but I assume it should. (ht Celia)
- This signup link gives a $20 Sam’s gift card, plus $30 in instant savings.
- Signup through this link and get a $10 Sam’s gift card + some savings on things like a free rotisserie chicken and much more. (ht Frequentmiler)
- Signup through a referral link and get a $20 Sam’s gift card – here’s my Sam’s referral link. Just note: while referral links shows $20, in the past they only actually gave a $10 gift card for some reason; I’m not sure if that problem has been corrected or not.
- If you have an edu. email address, you can use this signup link through UNiDAYS for $15 Sam’s gift card.
- Click through a shopping portal, Topcashback is currently at 7% on membership and BeFrugal is 15% on membership. It may not track since you’ll be using a special referral link, but it’s worked for me in the past, and reader’s confirm that it’s working this time too. Just click through and then go to the referral page and hopefully the browser cookies will retain the tracking.
- Link your Amex card with Dosh and get $20 back when you buy a Sam’s membership +
4%5% back on purchases. (If you are new to Dosh, you can signup with my referral code CHUCKS2 and get $1 bonus when you link a card.) Wait 24 hours from time of linking card to time of making purchase.
- There are often other card-link deals from places like Acorns which can stack too; Dosh is the only one we see now.
- New Sam’s members can get a slew of freebies by playing their treasure hunt.
- You may have the Amex Offer for 4x Membership Rewards points per dollar on Sam’s Club purchases. That’ll hopefully work on the membership purchase as well.
I bought Sam’s membership with a different Amex Offer, earlier this year. At that time, there were a few other stacks, but it’s pretty good here as well for someone who can make use of the membership.
In the past, buying membership without going through the official Sam’s/Amex link has worked to trigger the Amex offer credit, so hopefully the above-mentioned stacks will work, but we’ll have to wait for actual data points to be certain.
After the Amex Offer, the cost is down to $20. You should be able to recoup that and potentially more with the other stacks.