Published on May 14th, 2019 | by William Charles63
Aspiration $100 Checking Bonus
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: Nationwide
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $10+
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: Optional
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: May 31st, 2019
- Aspiration is offering a bonus of $100 when you open a new Spend & Save account and complete the following requirements:
- Set up and receive a direct deposit of at least $10 from your paycheck or government benefits by July 31st, 2019
The Fine Print
- Bonus will appear in account by August 15th, 2019
- Offer is only valid for new Aspiration customers. Account must be created directly though this link.
- Customer must complete the following activities: (1) Between 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time 5/7/2019 and 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time 5/31/2019, open and fund an Aspiration Spend & Save Account with a deposit of $10 or more, and (2) by 11:59 Pacific Time on 6/28/2019, set up and make an electronic direct deposit of your paycheck, pension or government benefits (such as Social Security) from your employer or the government.
- Aspiration Spend & Save Account must be open and in good standing, in the sole determination of Aspiration, through the date of the credit.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Aspiration checking works on a pay what you want model, so you can choose anywhere between $0 and $20 per month.
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to find a fee schedule, so I’m unsure if there is any early account termination fee or not.
The bonus isn’t mentioned on the Aspiration checking site, but the Penny Hoarder is a large website so I doubt they would be running a fake offer. We’ve talked about the Aspiration account before, it does a lot of things well but doesn’t really excel in any particular category. Probably worth doing for most people, because of that we will be adding this to our best bank bonus page.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times