Published on April 28th, 2019 | by William Charles8
[Expired] [Avon, CT] American Eagle Financial Credit Union $150 Checking Bonus + 3.5% APY
Deal has expired, view more American Eagle deals by clicking here.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $150
- Availability: Avon, CT branch only
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $250+
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown, sensitive
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: $15, 180 days
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: May 31st, 2019
- American Eagle Financial Credit Union is offering a bonus of $150 when you open a new checking account at the Avon branch and complete the following requirements:
- Receive direct deposits totaling at least $250 into the new checking account within 60 days of account opening
- You can also get 3.5% APY on balances up to $99,999 on the money market account until 10/31/19
The Fine Print
- Promotion valid for new personal Checking accounts opened between 4/15/19 and 5/31/19.
- Excludes My Basic Checking Account.
- Member must not currently have, or have had, an existing open Checking ac-count with American Eagle Financial Credit Union (AEFCU) in the last 365 days.
- $5 Savings account required for AEFCU membership.
- To qualify for $150 bonus: Account holder must enroll for and complete direct deposits totaling at least $250 into new Checking account within 60 days of account opening.
- Account must be open, active, and maintain a $1 minimum balance through the payout period.
- One new checking opening-related bonus within a 12-month time period per member.
- Bonus will be deposited into member’s share Savings account within 120 days of account opening.
- Bonuses are considered interest and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT.
- Accounts closed within 180 days of opening will be charged a $15 fee.
- Offer is subject to change and can be withdrawn at any time
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
My Checking has no monthly fee to worry about
Early Account Termination Fee
Account must be kept open for 180 days otherwise an early account termination fee will be charged.
Checking bonus is OK, but it’s annoying that you need to open in branch. Only worth doing if it turns out to be a soft pull, should be possible to find out if that will be the case before opening the account by asking in branch. Savings account might be worth doing as well, although it’s a shame it’s only that rate until 10/31/19.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times