Published on September 12th, 2016 | by William Charles5
[AZ only] MidFirst Bank $150 Checking Bonus – Direct Deposit Optional
As pointed out by Dev in the comments, this is likely in branch only.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $150
- Availability: Arizona Banking Areas only
- Direct deposit required: Optional
- Additional requirements: Yes, see below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: $6-$12
- Early account termination fee: Bonus will be taken back if closed within 90 days of account opening
- Expiration date: December 31st, 2016
- Receive a sign up bonus of $150 when you open a new checking account with MidFirst Bank and complete two of the following requirements:
- Set up a $250 minimum monthly recurring direct deposit into new checking account (must be met in two consecutive calendar months to meet requirement)
- Complete 30 debit card purchases (multiple swipe for the same purchase do not qualify, ATM transactions are not eligible)
- Complete three electronic payments either through online Bill Pay or ACH using your checking account
- Apply and be approved for a MidFirst consumer credit card. Credit cards opened in conjunction with this offer must have the same primary account holder
The Fine Print
- Promotional offer available in Arizona area banking centers only, and is not available to existing MidFirst Bank checking customers, or those whose accounts have been closed within one year or closed with a negative balance.
- Must be 17 or older.
- Promotional offer valid for accounts opened 9/1/2016 through 12/31/2016.
- One new promotional account per household.
- Offer must be mentioned at account opening to qualify and all accounts are subject to approval.
- Go! Checking, Sun Devil Checking and Sun Devil Solution Checking accounts are not valid for this offer.
- $100 minimum opening checking deposit required to open account.
- Opening deposits may not be transferred from an existing MidFirst account.
- Accounts closed within 90 days of opening are not eligible for this promotion, may be subject to an account closing fee, and may forfeit the amount equal to the promotional account credit received.
- After your account has been opened, active, and in good standing for 90 days, and you have completed two of the four requirements, we will deposit the account credit into your new checking within 30 calendar days.
- New checking customers will receive a 1099-INT or applicable tax form for the value of the promotional account credit received.
The easiest account to keep fee free is the M Checking account
M Checking $6 Monthly Fee
M Checking has a monthly fee of $6, this is waived if you have direct deposits totaling $250 or more per month or a minimum balance of $1,000.
Early Account Termination Fee
You’re not eligible for this bonus if you close your account within 90 days. Bonus will post within 30 days after this 90 days is up.
Update: Because this looks to be in branch only and quite deceptive, we’re not adding it to our list of the best bonuses.
MidFirst Bank have offered a bonus of up to $200 with the same requirements, but that was back in 2014. This is a pretty easy bonus to complete, especially since you can do it without worrying about a direct deposit. Probably the easiest things to do are the bill pays and debit card transactions (here’s some ideas on how to easily meet that requirement). I wouldn’t recommend the credit card option as that will certainly be a hard pull and their credit cards are useless. I’m going to add this to our list of the best bank account bonuses.
Big thanks to reader, thedmit who let us know. Please consider sharing bank bonuses with this site so we can make it even better.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank